My 1500gal plywood build (pics)

mqktandy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2010
Iowa
hey everyone sorry for the long time without an update have been very busy. well it looks like this ponds time is coming to a end. All the fish are getting massive and it just doesnt seam big enough anymore so right now im designing a 7k gal one to take its place. it will be 28'x8'x4'. It will use an overflow style sump with a 6'x3x4' Wet dry. Ill be puchasing several more evolution ES pumps to pump water from one end to the other to create more of a river like flow. if I get 3 more pumps thats 32,000gph after head loss. may buy 4 more and get 40,000gph we will see. Not going to be happening for a bit though. Was going to start this winter but I have to go to india so will most likely postpone commencement till early summer 2012. Just thought Id let you wall know im still alive!

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
hey everyone sorry for the long time without an update have been very busy. well it looks like this ponds time is coming to a end. All the fish are getting massive and it just doesnt seam big enough anymore so right now im designing a 7k gal one to take its place. it will be 28'x8'x4'. It will use an overflow style sump with a 6'x3x4' Wet dry. Ill be puchasing several more evolution ES pumps to pump water from one end to the other to create more of a river like flow. if I get 3 more pumps thats 32,000gph after head loss. may buy 4 more and get 40,000gph we will see. Not going to be happening for a bit though. Was going to start this winter but I have to go to india so will most likely postpone commencement till early summer 2012. Just thought Id let you wall know im still alive!
lol, you are going to India, not Iraq!

Super Turtleman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Michigan
Fast build and nicely done. Be sure to post here when you start your expansion...THAT will be something to follow!!!

Keep an eye on those S. eupterus. As I was reading I was wondering if they might lodge in someone's mouth and take out two fish with one stone so to speak. Glad the first incident went as well as it did.

mqktandy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2010
Iowa
ya the expansion cant come soon enough. We have kinda become the foster home for to big of fish. lol. I have a 14" niger cat in the growout right now with a 12" blue catfish. Im currently working on my larger reef tank atm (300gal peninsula tank between my kitchen and dinning room) though so as soon as thats done i can move on to the 7k tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store