My Amatitlania Nanolutea and friends journal

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Your Nanolutae remind me of rainbows. What are those tetras and how big do they get? Nice.
They are Bleeding Heart tetras. I got them about a year ago now. As far as size, I would say 2.5/3in for the males, 2/2.5in for the females.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Awesome aquascape, Jexnell! Looking like a Amatitlania paradise.
Pretty much is for these guys. They have a 125gal all to themselves cichlid wise. The breeding is going as I planned. They get to do thier thing but I don't get overwhelmed with fry. The tankmates have consumed now three batches of fry with only the one in the above video surviving so far. It's still in the danger zone tho as Mr. Pinky the PTC could easily eat him as he is nearly seven inches long now.
The tetras are not exactly what I wanted. I wanted a group that constantly swims about in mass. These guys just hang around the branches. Males jousting about for lead of the pack.20200421_183854.jpg
I have come to love them tho. They have a unique body shape. I plan on getting more, I have nine atm 4m5f. I want to expand out to twenty maybe twenty-five.

Reiner

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2005
Los Angeles
I used to have a dozen Bleeding heart tetras and found them to be very nippy to the point were they stressed out their tankmates. Glad your Nano's are still doing well. My lone male in the heavy planted tank is super green now and really blends into the background.

Reactions: Jexnell and Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store