My Andinoacara Rivulatus journal

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Well after many pleading/guilt trip my roommate talked me into moving my Redeyed tetras into this tank. I was just gone let Casper snack on them, but he didn't for some reason.
So now I have two groups of eight tetras.20200301_102552.jpg

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I like how both types of tetras are swimming together. Also forgot to mention that my Apisto Macmasteri is in here as well.

That saum is ridiculously cool. Ive only had a few fish that were so active and inquisitive.

Redeyes are a great fish. Underrated dither, grow to a good size and school up nice. They are little fin nippers though. I had some with pink gouramis once, always thought it was competition between them but it turned out the redeyes were shredding fins when i wasnt paying attention.

Reactions: Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
That saum is ridiculously cool. Ive only had a few fish that were so active and inquisitive.

Redeyes are a great fish. Underrated dither, grow to a good size and school up nice. They are little fin nippers though. I had some with pink gouramis once, always thought it was competition between them but it turned out the redeyes were shredding fins when i wasnt paying attention.
I have not found these guys nipping yet. Now my Black neons chewed up one of my Betta and the HRP finished him off. I will keep an eye out tho and thanks for the heads up.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Jexnell Jexnell , Noticed Prime under your tank in the stand. Considering you have two large tanks you might consider switching over to SeaChem Safe. Basically a powered version of Prime. A whole lot cheaper when you do the breakdown of how much it treats. Ive been using Safe for years now just due to the fact I have been acquiring more and more tanks, lol. Trying to stay on a budget!csHrgaW.jpg

Last edited:

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I think Safe is more tailored for big tank keepers.

I need to declorinate 127 gallons, 130 gallons, and 20 gallons.
Two bigger ones are easy slightly less than 1/8 tsp.
But that 20 gallon tank is somewhere around 1/32 of a tsp and that's for 37.5 gallon .... no thank you I don't want the hassle.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I think Safe is more tailored for big tank keepers.

I need to declorinate 127 gallons, 130 gallons, and 20 gallons.
Two bigger ones are easy slightly less than 1/8 tsp.
But that 20 gallon tank is somewhere around 1/32 of a tsp and that's for 37.5 gallon .... no thank you I don't want the hassle.
Was just thinking for the bigger tanks. It would be a bit of measuring for the smaller ones. Since I deal with the 300, this stuff helps keep my cost low.

Reactions: Jexnell
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store