My betta

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
So I got a betta, well I didnt but my team got me a betta that was supposed to stay at work then someone changed their mind about the ok-ness of it being at work on my desk. Well whatever, hes home and I love him. Never had a betta before and this guy has a ton of personality. I have had a hard time capturing some of the things he does in a pic or vid but maybe as we get better acquainted it will become easier to capture. Ive had him a week tomorrow. He eats good and recognizes I bring food. My team had him in a large glass cylinder but it was really thin and I broke it on the way home. But I have a 12×12×12 tank that was unused. Here he is. If all bettas are like him I may get more eventually.
This is Falazure.
20190712_140633.jpg20190712_140651.jpg20190712_195507.jpg
And his tank.
20190712_195554.jpg

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Lovely little fellow, his coloration is interesting.

Reactions: twentyleagues

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
He looks great. The only downside is that he will the only Betta you can keep in that aquarium. The males will fight until death and the male will harrass females unless he built a bubble nest and is ready to spawn.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
He looks great. The only downside is that he will the only Betta you can keep in that aquarium. The males will fight until death and the male will harrass females unless he built a bubble nest and is ready to spawn.
Yeah I know that about them. Hes got a big personality so the tank really doesn't seem all that big. I was thinking of seeing if I can get a few more tanks like that one and put them on a stand or counter next to each other. That tank I had built about 10 years ago maybe more to be a nano reef at work also. It was a different company, that lasted 6 months and my boss the district mgr was on board but regional came in and made me remove it. Any way ty for the comments and the love!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Yeah I know that about them. Hes got a big personality so the tank really doesn't seem all that big. I was thinking of seeing if I can get a few more tanks like that one and put them on a stand or counter next to each other. That tank I had built about 10 years ago maybe more to be a nano reef at work also. It was a different company, that lasted 6 months and my boss the district mgr was on board but regional came in and made me remove it. Any way ty for the comments and the love!

No problem at all didn't want your Betta to get those nice fins shredded. Betta's do have great personality.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
So I got a betta . . .This is Falazure.
That boy is really impressive! The tank and the photos are very nice as well.

I used to have 12 bettas, but now just two males in 5gs with bubbles above. Zed I bred, and BettaBoy is his father. Zed is the only one which survived to adulthood. I accidentally ruined my whole culture of 300 fry and only one remains.

Baby pic of Zed
20181017_123700_resized_1.jpg

Zed now. He has gotten darker and his fins grew. A lot.

20190601_111339.jpg

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
No problem at all didn't want your Betta to get those nice fins shredded. Betta's do have great personality.
I guess I never really imagined a betta would be a cool fish to own. I've had hundreds of fish in my life time but never a betta. I wasn't against them and I've always thought they were pretty fish. Just never got around to it I guess. I made an off color joke about me going to have to live in a cardboard box or a van down by the river one day at work during a serious conversation about my current life situation you known to ease the situation. Someone said what about all your fish and tanks. Seriously I said well I will most likely sell or give them to people I trust to take care of them. Then jokingly I said I'll just get a jar and a betta, that can live on the dash of the van or on a shelf in my box. I was questioned as to how to care for bettas and what ones I liked most for a few weeks by one tm in particular. I said I know basics like males will fight and they dont like a lot of flow and they eat small food....lol that's about it. She showed me a pic of some of the classic bettas and I said I liked the crown tails the most but hadn't seen a color I was super in to. She showed me a pic of this guy a few days later and I said wow that's cool. He showed up on my desk about 3 days later with a note saying my boss said it was cool to keep him on the desk, he didnt need to live in the van/box too. Lol. It was unexpected and very nice. So now you know the mostly whole story of how I got my first betta.....i say first because I see more in the future, but I have to make sure I wont be living in a box or van before anymore show up.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
That boy is really impressive! The tank and the photos are very nice as well.

I used to have 12 bettas, but now just two males in 5gs with bubbles above. Zed I bred, and BettaBoy is his father. Zed is the only one which survived to adulthood. I accidentally ruined my whole culture of 300 fry and only one remains.

Baby pic of Zed
View attachment 1379804

Zed now. He has gotten darker and his fins grew. A lot.

View attachment 1379808
Thanks!
wow cool you bred them! He looks good! 12 males? Or females too?
I think 4 of these tanks set up differently but all probably planted side by side with different fin/color types would be cool.
I think I'd go with a sump though and drill these just for ease of care. But they are pretty thin so idk. The guy who made this tank still builds tanks in the area so getting more should be easy enough. Hes alot more busy now though.

Reactions: tlindsey

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I had 7 females in one tank. The rest were males, one per tank. I've had many others since 1975, but 12 was the most at once.

DRILLING: If the glass isn't tempered, you can drill it.
But thin glass is very hard to do.
If you glue pre-drilled wood plates each side of the glass with silicone, then scrape them off later it will help to prevent cracking.

Fill the opening with water to keep the glass cool, and go gently, gently, gently.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store