My Big Blue Log

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
I've had this guy for about 15 months now and was around 11" when I got him. He's probably around 19" right now :). He only eats massivores, if by any chance a piece of tilapia or shrimp comes near him, he literally bolts away lol. I'll try to get a video of him doing that next time. And he does the same with feeders, believe it or not, I've seen this guy run away from a 3" gold fish lol!.
DSC_0003.jpeg
DSC_0013.jpeg
DSC_0006.jpeg

The tank is 6' X 30" X 30".

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I've had this guy for about 15 months now and was around 11" when I got him. He's probably around 19" right now :). He only eats massivores, if by any chance a piece of tilapia or shrimp comes near him, he literally bolts away lol. I'll try to get a video of him doing that next time. And he does the same with feeders, believe it or not, I've seen this guy run away from a 3" gold fish lol!.
View attachment 1393337
View attachment 1393339
View attachment 1393340

The tank is 6' X 30" X 30".
Cool tank love the contrast of The stripes and spots and whatnot, great looking fish?

So funny that it’s scared of the real meat

Have you had any issues with the rays chewing on the streamers on the tig. I would really like to have one some day but have heard the rays chew the streamers.

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
Cool tank love the contrast of The stripes and spots and whatnot, great looking fish?

So funny that it’s scared of the real meat

Have you had any issues with the rays chewing on the streamers on the tig. I would really like to have one some day but have heard the rays chew the streamers.
thanks :). And yes! The bottom streamer of my tig is probably a couple of inches shorter lol. I got the rays a month ago and I almost immediately regretted the decision because the rays went straight to the tig’s streamers lol. They gave up after about a day or two because I guess it didn’t really taste like a real worm. I haven’t had any problems drive then.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Thank you Sunny. Sweet tank and good to see you start this thread. I hope you'll keep it up to the end.

What are these awesomely spotted gars? And why are their fins red(dish)?

... if by any chance a piece of tilapia or shrimp comes near him, he literally bolts away lol... And he does the same with feeders, believe it or not, I've seen this guy run away from a 3" goldfish lol!
It's the Brachie thing indeed :) They all do it often. Anything unusual? Run away! Run for your life!

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
Thank you Sunny. Sweet tank and good to see you start this thread. I hope you'll keep it up to the end.

What are these awesomely spotted gars? And why are their fins red(dish)?

It's the Brachie thing indeed :) They all do it often. Anything unusual? Run away! Run for your life!
thanks! :) I will post pics here periodically for sure! and I have two Florida gars (don’t know for sure but are Florida’s most likely) and a long Nose. The fins are red because of the light hehe. It looks pretty cool doesn’t it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store