My block pond build

davemal

Piranha
MFK Member
May 15, 2007
Neath
Being softer than concreate it also means it will allow movement so should be less likely to crack. The ground water level is high where I am building so that kind of concreate would alow water in behind a liner causing other problems. This tanking will hold back a lot of pressure if it works trouble is I need to keep it wet while it sets. The pond I am replacing has a traditional pond liner … works very well but I have lost a couple of fish that have swam into creases and got stuck.

davemal

Piranha
MFK Member
May 15, 2007
Neath
Being softer than concreate it also means it will allow movement so should be less likely to crack. The ground water level is high where I am building so that kind of concreate would allow water in behind a liner causing other problems. This tanking will hold back a lot of pressure if it works trouble is I need to keep it wet while it sets. The pond I am replacing has a traditional pond liner … works very well but I have lost a couple of fish that have swam into creases and got stuck.

davemal

Piranha
MFK Member
May 15, 2007
Neath
First 24hrs water dropped 25mm or so, second it seems to have stopped …. crystalline tech seem to work (sounded dodgy to me). If it does work its a fraction of the price of fibre glass and has a longer life span. Also looks far mor natural.

davemal

Piranha
MFK Member
May 15, 2007
Neath
Made a big mistake … moved fish without testing water ph properly, big change in ph has caused burns to the fish had to do a big change and dose with aquaflavin. My ph test will read upto ph7.6 my tap water is ph7.4, I forgot to test my old pond water which is 7.0. When I tested the water it showed 7.6 … the maximum the test shows, I forgot this could mean its much higher would show the same for ph14 I think. The result looks like fin rot and I lost 2 fish, will be far more careful in future. The fish seem to be getting back to normal after a couple of days.

davemal

Piranha
MFK Member
May 15, 2007
Neath
when moving fish its vital, the big change has hurt them. Once its done there is no going back but they seem to be going back to normal. Stupid mistake could have worked out so much worse hope not to do the same again ever.

davemal

Piranha
MFK Member
May 15, 2007
Neath
Getting ph down slowly its dropping about 0.2 - 0.3 per day with water changes. It went really high max reading I took was 9.6 I got it below 9 now and fish seem happier, I will be when its below 8.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store