My Catfish Collection :)

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Which one's Suriname and which two are Peru? Mine two from Peru (via Mark Chen of Discus origins) incidentally also display two colors - one's dark, closer to my Suriname one and the other's light, almost dorado metallic color. They had come to me the same dark color. One lightened up soon thereafter. Just like one of yours I see.

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
Which one's Suriname and which two are Peru? Mine two from Peru (via Mark Chen of Discus origins) incidentally also display two colors - one's dark, closer to my Suriname one and the other's light, almost dorado metallic color. They had come to me the same dark color. One lightened up soon thereafter. Just like one of yours I see.
I only have one from Peru.. and that is the much lighter colored one. The two darker ones are from Surinam.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Oops. Sorry. See what happens when you don't follow up on your promise? People get confused. Haha. Just teasing yah. But you did promise to compare the two piraiba kinds when they were big enough to be placed in the same tank, as they are now...

So for clarity, you have two from Suriname via Wes and one from Peru (Discis Origins?).

I have one from Suriname via Wes 22"-24" and two from Peru ~8" via Mark Chen of Discus Origins.

Reactions: moe214

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
Oops. Sorry. See what happens when you don't follow up on your promise? People get confused. Haha. Just teasing yah. But you did promise to compare the two piraiba kinds when they were big enough to be placed in the same tank, as they are now...

So for clarity, you have two from Suriname via Wes and one from Peru (Discis Origins?).

I have one from Suriname via Wes 22"-24" and two from Peru ~8" via Mark Chen of Discus Origins.
The Piraiba from Peru was from Raymond Chan of Amazing fish. Peru Piraiba is around 24-25 inches while the ones from Surinam are 28-32 inches

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store