My catfish tank

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
How big do your catfish get, I tried looking up gold peru catfish, but cant get any info?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I once knew the scientific name but that was a good while back. I did a bit of googling and came up with
Piramutana pitramuta

Fishnerd360 Fishnerd360 don't think just googling a name you're given will always give you the information you want, you have to google anything you can come up with that might get you closer to what you wanted. I googled gold catfish then went to images. Most of them were suncatfish but I found an image or two from bluegrassaquatics that showed a fish that looked very similar then I googled the scientific name of said fish.

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
I once knew the scientific name but that was a good while back. I did a bit of googling and came up with
Piramutana pitramuta

Fishnerd360 Fishnerd360 don't think just googling a name you're given will always give you the information you want, you have to google anything you can come up with that might get you closer to what you wanted. I googled gold catfish then went to images. Most of them were suncatfish but I found an image or two from bluegrassaquatics that showed a fish that looked very similar then I googled the scientific name of said fish.
I saw the fish on exoticfishshop, but couldn't find the scientific name.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Same, that's why you have to get creative in ways of finding out the information you want. Any little thing that you search differently can provide new information.

Reactions: Fishnerd360

Renegade Aquatics

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2016
Everett, WA
Piramutana pitramuta

They go by Megalonema platycephalum now I believe. I may have said this earlier in the thread?

How big do your catfish get, I tried looking up gold peru catfish, but cant get any info?
From what I can tell they reach about 10in. maybe 12in. which I feel might be a lil big in a 75 imo, So I plan to upgrade at some point before it reaches that size. Yes unfortunatly there's very little info out there. If you have any more questions you're more then welcome to ask

Reactions: RD.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
They go by Megalonema platycephalum now I believe. I may have said this earlier in the thread?
You did and I missed it, sorry about that bud, my reading skills aren’t the best apparently haha.

Renegade Aquatics

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2016
Everett, WA
So I did a little redesign as I noticed Eris starting to get a little claustrophobic with the previous set up and was having a hard time enjoying the current so this is my result. She seems to enjoy this set up far better, although shes still a little skittish whether or not this just personality trait or I'm doing something wrong I don't know. I'd like to try to get some sort ofschool to see they'd all hang together? but given the availability I doubt I'd be able to this I'll keep my eye out though. For now though, I'm gonna work with what I have and shoot for an upgrade, since I'm gonna be moving soon thus I'll have more room tanks! anyways here's the pictures.IMG_1778.JPGIMG_1771.JPGIMG_1774.JPGIMG_1775.JPGIMG_1773.JPGIMG_1777.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store