Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
So I decided on an 8x2x2 and when the dust settles it will have
1 delhezi
1 weeksii
1 Endlicheri
3 pim blochi
and either one or two green bay snooks. I bought two juvies instead of one in case something happens with one, but I’ll see how two work out. Hopefully it’s all built by the end of the month. I’ll be running two sun sun 704bs
My only concern is the snook eating the Delhezi when it’s big, but the Delhezi has a big head start as it’s currently about 11” and very thick and snooks are coming from TUIC at 4”
What do you guys think?
Its not too late to add width to the tank if anyone thinks that’s necessary.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Hmmm... you may have to rehome the other blochii. They can be territorial amongst themselves so chances are you will end up with 1.

What everyone else said so far. Beautiful cat imo. Mine is super territorial that I had to rehome the other 2. Fights with all my bottom dwellers. “Loaches, plecos”. A sight to see at 10”+
If you want some activity then this catfish might not be the one. Mine stays in its cave till lights out.

Reactions: Joshuakahan

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hmmm... you may have to rehome the other blochii. They can be territorial amongst themselves so chances are you will end up with 1.
Actually I’m ok if i end up with one pim, I didn’t intend to have three. I bought two online and they didn’t survive the shipping, so I let the seller know. I didn’t hear back and bought two more locally, then I head back and he sent me two more and one of those died in transit. So I now have three lol So I figured I’ll see what happens but kind of expected to possibly rehome two of them.

Cich Mind

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
Michigan
Hello Joshuakahan Joshuakahan ,
You said your tank is going to be 8'x2'x2' and you have some leeway. If I had a choice I would do 8'x3'x2'. That extra foot would open up way more possibilities for you. Just my 2 cents. GL

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hello Joshuakahan Joshuakahan ,
You said your tank is going to be 8'x2'x2' and you have some leeway. If I had a choice I would do 8'x3'x2'. That extra foot would open up way more possibilities for you. Just my 2 cents. GL
Thanks, I’ve actually been thinking about that. I’m having it built for me since I’m not handy, but I’ll be going over the final design with the guy this week. It’s going in my single car garage, so I’m not sure if i want to go the full three feet, I’m thinking I might go 2.5 feet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store