My first goonch! (Bagarius yarrelli) El diablo

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
I'm surprised Ray didn't already get them onto that. He usually has them already switched to smelt everytime I've bought from him

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
He had feeders in the tanks with them and said that's what they were eating. He said that the one I got ate the most so that's why I got it. But, I don't think I'm even going to introduce my tank to live. I will just hope that he takes to smelt or tilapia or shrimp soon.
(Crossing my fingers)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
MIchael, how large is your fish? I was looking at pics of my old rutilus Dottie on the PC in comparison, and yours seems much larger. Dottie was 10" or so when I lost her.

Here's some motivation; Dottie eating massivore! She would only eat when it was dark in the tank.

[video=youtube_share;GWzH44cvaM0]http://youtu.be/GWzH44cvaM0[/video]

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
MIchael, how large is your fish? I was looking at pics of my old rutilus Dottie on the PC in comparison, and yours seems much larger. Dottie was 10" or so when I lost her.

Here's some motivation; Dottie eating massivore! She would only eat when it was dark in the tank.

[video=youtube_share;GWzH44cvaM0]http://youtu.be/GWzH44cvaM0[/video]
I measured him last night he was against the glass, he was 16 inches on the dot from tip of nose to tip of tail. He got freaked out during a water change but he calmed down and is back to just being lazy on the bottom of the tank. :D he dosent even go for any of the fish he is really calm and chill.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Oh, wow. He's a lot bigger than I expected. We don't get many imports of that size of any species so I'm going to be exceptionally careful in diagnosing this fish.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Rays been getting some pretty large goonches in lately. Neoprodigy has one of the first large ones Ray brought in and I think he said that 1 was close to 2ft and the 1 that Ray gave me couple months ago and replaced, it went into shock before I even got there, was 14". That's the 1 in the pic I posted earlier

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Oh, wow. He's a lot bigger than I expected. We don't get many imports of that size of any species so I'm going to be exceptionally careful in diagnosing this fish.
What do you mean diagnosing? As in
ID-ing? Or... yeah ray had an 18 inch one he posted on instagram but I think he sold it before I had the chance to make it to his place.

robnin2002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2010
la mirada,ca
Rays been getting some pretty large goonches in lately. Neoprodigy has one of the first large ones Ray brought in and I think he said that 1 was close to 2ft and the 1 that Ray gave me couple months ago and replaced, it went into shock before I even got there, was 14". That's the 1 in the pic I posted earlier

But with that..... Hes also brought it some tiny goonch. Lol urs for example and some of the suchus he had. So hes on
Both ends of the spectrum im regards to goonch.
To the OP congrats on ur first goonch. U got a nice specimen from a really good guy.
I have owned "4" different goonch species before they were all renamed/recalssified. And all 4 went to ivan lol

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
What do you mean diagnosing? As in
ID-ing? Or... yeah ray had an 18 inch one he posted on instagram but I think he sold it before I had the chance to make it to his place.

Diagnosis is the technical term for identifying a species.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store