My fish room finally starting to come together 01-09-2011

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Amazing fish as always. Congrats on the new house as well! I know I can't wait to get out of our appartment so I can start building indoor ponds and buying 180+ tanks.. My husband thinks I'm crazy. Sorry for your lose as well. It's always hard to get attached to pets, they become part of the family.

mjuniorc

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Fish Room
:(:(:(.... Sorry for the losses... As I go through your threads, u are definitely one of those inspired by passion for this hobby of ours..
But sometimes we hit speed bumps in our lives that only make us better. :)
on the upside... New fish, new pix.. More excitement..

Wet Whiskers;4822482; said:
Hey guys. I thought I'd let you know:

I picked up a 21-22" beautiful Jardini yesterday. He's incredibly beefy, and so I knew my cats couldn't eat him. It apparently didn't matter how big he was though. My TSN was going to shred him in an attempt to swallow him. She was getting into full hunting mode and was even checking out my gold knife fish which she's never looked at before. The commotion seemed to get my RTCxTSN interested as well. My husband and I realized our only option was to clear out the 385 gallon pond and move the two TSN and the RTCxTSN into it. The move went wonderfully, and they all were very comfortable in there. We stayed in the garage for a couple hours after getting everyone moved to make sure there were no problems, and finally around midnight went to bed.

I got up this morning, and the very first thing I did was check on my fish. My RTCxTSN was gasping at the surface and the water was disgusting and murky. In the middle of the night, all three of them had vomited everything they had eaten the day before (one of the main concerns/reasons I had spent the extra hours watching everyone last night after the move). My two TSNs were dead, and if I hadn't gone straight out, my RTCxTSN would have quickly been next. I'm so angry with her. I know its instinct to hunt, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm mad at her. She has gotten nothing but excellent care, she was well fed, it didn't even fit in her mouth, but shredding a fish just to test things out was on her agenda. I'm so sad she's gone. She has always had such dedicated care from us, and in 8 hours she went from a totally healthy beast to dead. I don't have any regrets about my actions, which helps. However, I'm very frustrated, sad, and angry. It's difficult to accept.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
sorry to hear about the TSNs

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
Amongst the Catfish & Plecos
Amazing fish as always. Congrats on the new house as well! I know I can't wait to get out of our appartment so I can start building indoor ponds and buying 180+ tanks.. My husband thinks I'm crazy. Sorry for your lose as well. It's always hard to get attached to pets, they become part of the family.
Thanks! Sorry I've been MIA so long. The loss of those cats affected me more than I expected, made me almost get out of the hobby and was totally uninterested in logging on here or talking to anyone about fish. Finally really started working my way back to making progress in there as of about a month ago.

And you're not crazy. Part of the joy of having your own home is getting to make it your own and reflect who you are. If that reflection includes a monster fish in monster tanks, then so be it! :)

sorry to hear about the TSNs
It ended up being both TSN and the RTCxTSN hybrid. :( Was just looking at pictures of them for the first time about 2 weeks ago....

Anything new?
Why yes! There is new stuff going on, including a new tank mate in the 600 (will post pics of him when I start a new thread. The new link will be in my signature as well as posted in this thread). Also, I'm almost done with additional plumbing to get some of the tanks hooked up together (eventually all of them will be hooked together). On top of that, I've got 2 monster pieces panels of acrylic weighing down the back of my SUV, since the crap is so heavy that I cannot help my husband get it out. Gonna have to recruit some gulible labor. They are a full 2" (yes two inches) thick!! They are the beginning of a VERY slow pond build. Don't expect to see the pond build any time soon, but we are slowly making our way there.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
hi Jen, been a while since seen any new update of that massive kitty tank of urs, i have at last moved on with the death of my cats and am buying some new little blighters to grow out for the pond

Name Here

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2011
cardiff CA
dude I know you. snakehead jim. above. But also nice tank. the clown knife looks really orange.:drool:

Barracuda37

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2011
California Love
I love it i so wish i could have all those tanks! Love all the catfish too especially the red tail!

iHonesty

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2011
Indiana, US
@wet whiskers, you are the catfish boss! keep up the good work!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store