My fish rooms build

OTp1144

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Swimmin' with the fishes
A gar may jump out of the pond and explore the house if you let it. I've never had one, but I've heard some stories . . .
They break lids. Someone said they can climb like a perch, but not sure I believe that.
Oh they can definitely jump, but they'll only do it when given a reason. I've had gar before so I'm familiar with their silly tendencies. And I'm 99% sure they can't climb like perch or salmon.

Slight hiccup in plans, back room is only 9x11 so I can't do a 10' diameter round poolond like i was hoping. Guess I'll just get an 8' diameter or rectangular. Or build a custom one. :D

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Oh they can definitely jump, but they'll only do it when given a reason. I've had gar before so I'm familiar with their silly tendencies. And I'm 99% sure they can't climb like perch or salmon.

Slight hiccup in plans, back room is only 9x11 so I can't do a 10' diameter round poolond like i was hoping. Guess I'll just get an 8' diameter or rectangular. Or build a custom one. :D
One of those pentair 720 gallons would fit tidily in that room. What kind of pond/tank were you considering?

OTp1144

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Swimmin' with the fishes
One of those pentair 720 gallons would fit tidily in that room. What kind of pond/tank were you considering?
oh it definitely would fit perfectly. Only problem is it wouldn't fit through the doors.

Initially I was thinking an above ground 8' round pool kinda like this one with a pond liner. But i'm torn between that or building a concrete or plywood tank and running the plumbing through the wall to the closet of my office on the other side where I can hook up a mega filter. If I did a tank it'd probably be 9x5x4 (or even bigger cuz why not?). Obviously each has it's own benefits so it'd really depend on the fish I'd want to keep. But it may come down to cost. I can set up the pool for ~$300 (pond and liner) since I already have the filters and lighting I'd want. But the pond is only ~800 gallons where the tank would be nearly 1300 gallons after walls.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Any pics up close on the 300? Looks interesting with the tank standing on top of the sump. Or is it my eyes that tricks me?

Reactions: tlindsey

OTp1144

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Swimmin' with the fishes
It wouldn't be a move if a bulkhead didn't break in someway. Had to replace one of the nuts on the 300 fresh but I think I finally got it back up and running. Doing one final leak test before I add everything.

20190727_234614.jpg

Also turns out the silicone on the seals of the covers for the drilled holes (used to be plumbed) on the 180 gave out. Resealed it and leak testing it at the same time.

20190727_234623.jpg

Fun times!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store