• Female

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Naseer HUSSAIN

Feeder Fish
Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I'm new to this hobby, and I have no idea about flowerhorn
I got this fellow from a friend and I think it's a female can someone help me find out
It basically has a small kok and is 5 inches so i think it's a female
And it seems stressed right now coz of change in surroundings
20190728_184835.jpg
VideoCapture_20190728-184801.jpg

Reactions: Jexnell

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Welcome to the forum Naseer -- it's really kind of hard to say unless you check out their vent on the bottom in front of the anal fin: more v-shaped indicates male; more u-shaped or oval usually indicates a female. It's not easy but see if you can get a better under-fish photo, it might help to confirm.

Sometimes having black coloration on the top dorsal fin can indicate being female, and it kind of appears in the photos that yours may be darker on the dorsal fin, but I can't see for sure and it could be due to stress of transfer/going into new home.

Also if I can see clearly in the 2nd pic, it appears the little thingy coming out of its vent is angled backwards, which they say can be another indication of being male. Finally it's already starting to get a decent hump for its size (and considering it's stressed), so my vote is with male but I could be wrong :)

Naseer HUSSAIN

Feeder Fish
Jul 29, 2019
islandguy11 islandguy11
Thank you for your reply
I would try checking its vent once it gets out of stress
I dont prefer stressing it more
Would soon post a better pic

Reactions: Jexnell

ny.subway

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 31, 2017
Hi Naseer welcome to the crazy world of flowerhorn, it might be a male too even tho it doesn't have a big kok, keep it for few weeks to see its potential.

As per grandmartial ur first pic looks like a kamalau and second is red dragon. Other members can chime in or make a new post so everything can check it too.

Reactions: Naseer HUSSAIN
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store