Hey Mister...You wanting some Clowns?
1.jpg
Ok Mister...Let me find some for you.
2.jpg
Here is one but wait you must
3.jpg
Will three be enough for you, Mister?
4.jpg

Sorry for the bad jokes but that last pic really had me cracking up :) Like his own personal bodyguards or something :)

The Greenie is easily the star of the tank. Just got him a few days back. He was all skin and bones, fattening him up with a variety of pellets.

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
more bloodworms. Get him hump head

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
he is looking a bit stressed with that horizontal black bar. Do you have some shelter / cave for him? can you dim the lighting?

He is a good looking gt for sure. his seam on his tail will be nice and thick which to me is really good looking. I like his dorsal fin shape too, will have nice color on there as well.

demonknight

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2007
India
he is looking a bit stressed with that horizontal black bar. Do you have some shelter / cave for him? can you dim the lighting?

He is a good looking gt for sure. his seam on his tail will be nice and thick which to me is really good looking. I like his dorsal fin shape too, will have nice color on there as well.
Well that's a lesson learnt for the day. Didn't know that was a stress bar. But like i said, i got it in pretty bad shape. Lack of proper feeding and bad water conditions had him left with an empty stomach. Thankfully it was not too late for him, and he is now feeding well. Roams all around the tank, eats floating pellets and sinking ones. So hopefully he should be better than ok.

And yes, one quarter of the tank is covered with driftwood and java ferns with lot of hiding spaces within for him and the plecos. The clowns like hiding under a big rocky cave on the other end of the tank.

Lighting is on a steady scale with low lighting in the center in the mornings, then in the afternoon a brighter and warmer led strip is turned on and then at night it's a blue led. Is that ok?

Reactions: Cichlids-r-beasts

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
That sounds good. Not sure about running blue light all night as I just let it go black but my room with the tank never goes pitch black due to lots of windows and street lights

demonknight

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2007
India
That sounds good. Not sure about running blue light all night as I just let it go black but my room with the tank never goes pitch black due to lots of windows and street lights
hmm. shall try leaving it off. but tank area does go fully dark at night.

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
Wow very nice male green terror, good job with him. Can't wait for updates

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store