My little 3"manueli

Scruffy4

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2020
Canada
Right on. Their slow growers and are known to be sensitive. Seems like there’s a few people here (including me) that are currently growing out manueli’s. Looking forward to updates.

Reactions: CaribeWithaCavity

P.rob

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2020
Right on. Their slow growers and are are known to be sensitive. Seems like there’s a few people here (including me) that are currently growing out manueli’s. Looking forward to updates.
I'm currently doing about 45 gal water change a week on a 120 gal so hopefully that's enough, how much flow should I use, I have a jbaeo wave maker and it can push it out if I need it to, lol

Scruffy4

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2020
Canada
I’m not to familiar with jebao. I’ve been using a koralia 1150 in my 65 gal. I would also account for the filtration you’re pushing in the tank. At first I thought I had to much flow but he seemed to really enjoy swimming into the current. I have a fluval 306 with a ehiem 2215 for surface agitation.

Reactions: P.rob and tlindsey

audiction

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2014
My Fish Room
actually manuelis that size are fast growers till they reach 5-6" then they slow down. you are in a good position being that its inside a 120g by itself. it'll grow faster and be more aggressive. you'll see it utilize the whole space by patrolling all levels of the aquarium. good luck with it and keep your water parameters perfect at all times. stop giving feeders and stick to shrimp and pellets then you can also give raw tuna, salmon, lean pork boneless or freshwater prawns

Scruffy4

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2020
Canada
actually manuelis that size are fast growers till they reach 5-6" then they slow down. you are in a good position being that its inside a 120g by itself. it'll grow faster and be more aggressive. you'll see it utilize the whole space by patrolling all levels of the aquarium. good luck with it and keep your water parameters perfect at all times. stop giving feeders and stick to shrimp and pellets then you can also give raw tuna, salmon, lean pork boneless or freshwater prawns
Great advice! I think giving a variety may be key to a healthy and fast growing piranha. I’ve been giving talapia/shrimp soaked in vitachem. I recently added silversides and will add salmon soon. I stay away from feeders too but I’m not totally against feeding live. I feel that it is beneficial for them as long as the live fish you’re adding has been quarantined or you have a good source and know where the fish is coming from and feel confident. Otherwise you may introduce parasites/diseases to your tank/manueli. There’s a sticky thread on nutrition that is a good read.

Reactions: P.rob

P.rob

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2020
Is this set up ok or should I do something different

20201231_194329.jpg

Scruffy4

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2020
Canada
I know you’re not asking me lol but I think it’s good. You have enough open space and it seems like you have cover/hiding spots for him. Not sure what you have for filtration but that is one of the most important things. Also what temp do you have the tank at? My manueli does like to have cover but enjoys surfing the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store