My little 3"manueli

P.rob

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2020
I know you’re not asking me lol but I think it’s good. You have enough open space and it seems like you have cover/hiding spots for him. Not sure what you have for filtration but that is one of the most important things. Also what temp do you have the tank at? My manueli does like to have cover but enjoys surfing the tank.
I have a 40 gal sump, thats been running for about 2 years, don't know name of return pump but it pushes 900 gal per hour, I keep my temp at 78. Have a jabaeo wave maker that will push the water out the tank wide open, lol

Reactions: tlindsey and A&A

Scruffy4

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2020
Canada
I have a 40 gal sump, thats been running for about 2 years, don't know name of return pump but it pushes 900 gal per hour, I keep my temp at 78. Have a jabaeo wave maker that will push the water out the tank wide open, lol

Sounds good. Just be careful with live feeding and I’m sure you’ll be good, Enjoy.

Reactions: tlindsey

P.rob

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2020
Sounds good. Just be careful with live feeding and I’m sure you’ll be good, Enjoy.
Yeah the place where I bought it live fed, so I thought for the first week I would do the same till he gets a little use to his new home. I've gotten him to eat shrimp and a pellet, so after the last feeders are gone I'm gonna get him on shrimp and pellets

audiction

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2014
My Fish Room
Is this set up ok or should I do something different

View attachment 1445508
i keep my tanks bare...just sand and a big driftwood in the middle. i never give them hiding places so they won't be shy and just be able to swim freely. manuelis love long tanks bec they are fast swimmers. giving them a lot of space when young makes them really aggressive and just kill anything you put in their tank. they won't tolerate any kind of tank mates even a pleco.

Reactions: P.rob and A&A
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store