My little Gts growth so far

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
DUDE! HOW DOES EVERYONE KEEP GETTING THESE NICE MALES AT RANDOM????!!!! Do you know how many females I have ended up with over the years??? :( Nice one, Bro. Hikari BioGold+ is total win too. I use it too

Benno87

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2015
Australia
I knew this fella was a male as soon as I saw him at the lfs. He was in a tank with about 10 others and was already showing awesome body colour and a real thick tail band although he was one of the smallest in the tank I didn't care coz he just looked so much better than the rest and was chasing all of the others. I think they must have just come from really nice looking parents. Yep love me hikari foods don't really bother feeding him anything else as he hates most other brands. Cheers for the comment mate much appreciated.

Reactions: Frank Castle

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
looking dang nice!!!!

Benno87

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2015
Australia
looking dang nice!!!!
Thanks mate, I'm actually really glad I started this thread because it seemed like he wasn't growing at all but looking back on all these pics I can actually notice he has grown a fair bit in a year lol. My only complaint with him is this wonky first ray on his dorsal fin, I am very picky with my cichlids tho lol I just try to ignore it haha

image.jpg

Benno87

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2015
Australia
Been ages since I've been on here as I haven't had internet access for a long time. Thought id better finally post an update. My boy isn't looking too bad these days considering he developed hex last year when I introduced a couple of new fish without quarantining them properly( terrible rookie mistake I know). He didn't eat for over 3 months and was knocking on deaths door, but I managed to save him with forced feedings of metro/prazi and Epsom salt treatment which I read about on here. It slowed his growth down a fair bit but last few months he has really improved. Needless to say I will never again risk adding cichlid tank mates with him again. Have just purchased him a 125 gallon which he will go into when we move into our new place in a couple of months.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store