My little monsters

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I have issues with her chasing rabbits. We have so many rabbits. The little one is completely oblivious to any of the wild life lol.
Fortunately, Ive never seen a rattle snake in the yard. Only bull snakes and only a handful of times.
We do see a ton of coyotes but only on the other side of the fence.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
This is Dexter, at his best

View attachment 1165592
lol I love JRTs So full of energy.

I have issues with her chasing rabbits. We have so many rabbits. The little one is completely oblivious to any of the wild life lol.
Fortunately, Ive never seen a rattle snake in the yard. Only bull snakes and only a handful of times.
We do see a ton of coyotes but only on the other side of the fence.
Good to know you can tell them apart. Bullsnakes are one of the most commonly killed snake resulting from misidentification in the SW/SC U.S. They have a very very similar pattern to Rattlers, they don't hesitate to hiss and gape their mouth and even vibrate the tip of their tail against objects to create a buzzing sound that mimics the rattlers' tail sound. Learned behavior? I hope snakes are that smart, but even if it's just plain evolution, it's still pretty impressive to think about.

I miss my pair of Bullsnakes....they ate like PIGS but were 2 of the most docile snakes I ever owned. Fastest growth rate in a snake I ever recorded as well.

Last edited:

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
lol I love JRTs So full of energy.

Good to know you can tell them apart. Bullsnakes are one of the most commonly killed snake resulting from misidentification in the SW/SC U.S. They have a very very similar pattern to Rattlers, they don't hesitate to hiss and gape their mouth and even vibrate the tip of their tail against objects to create a buzzing sound that mimics the rattlers' tail sound. Learned behavior? I hope snakes are that smart, but even if it's just plain evolution, it's still pretty impressive to think about.

I miss my pair of Bullsnakes....they ate like PIGS but were 2 of the most docile snakes I ever owned. Fastest growth rate in a snake I ever recorded as well.
Even if I found a rattle snake in the yard I wouldn't kill it. id probably do what I do with the other snakes, pick it up with a rake, toss it in a bucket and take it for a walk lol.

Reactions: Frank Castle

MaineiacJay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2014
United States
American vs German is mostly dependant on the lines. You can generally tell by the build as American rottweilers are more lean with a longer muzzle and German rotts are generally larger and more muscular.

My Rottweiler comes from almost full German lines and you can see the difference

FB_IMG_1424133142861.jpg

Beautiful dogs though! I'm not really a fan of little dogs, but I am a huge fan of rotties, American or German, doesn't matter ❤

Reactions: ehh

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
American vs German is mostly dependant on the lines. You can generally tell by the build as American rottweilers are more lean with a longer muzzle and German rotts are generally larger and more muscular.

My Rottweiler comes from almost full German lines and you can see the difference

View attachment 1166266

Beautiful dogs though! I'm not really a fan of little dogs, but I am a huge fan of rotties, American or German, doesn't matter ❤
oh man he has a big head haha. i was hoping for that from her but it never happened haha.
like i said, I'm guessing "american" based on her build but she was back yard bred. she has a ton of health problems so i assume her lineage is quiet inbred haha

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Then I wonder why she chases rabbits. image.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store