My Mahseers outside

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Thanks JL. Do you still have your batch from Wes?
Unfortunately, I don’t have them. I lost most of them when I moved them in the 600 gal tank. A couple of them knocked out the intake strainer,s, either got suck in, or just dive into and plugged up the drain bulkheads. By the time I found out, most of them died due to no circulation. Seeing your most recent update of the putitora, I may start a new group

Last edited:

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Jib, the ID of mahseers are so confusing to me. Partly because Google has many of them misidentified.
They are eating so aggressively during the Summer that I have to add supplements used for kois to prevent fatty liver and big belly. If I feed less they are even move aggressive. Growth is very noticeable this Summer. Putitora head shape is very distinct now. Finely.
Yeah there's not much clear data on tors, especially photographs showing the species.

When they get aggressive are they killing each other?

Here's its monsoon and temps have dropped substantially, and I have reduced their feeding frequency from once in two days to once in three days.

The koi people are truly dedicated, I would like to know about the supplements used to prevent fatty livers.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Yeah there's not much clear data on tors, especially photographs showing the species.

When they get aggressive are they killing each other?

Here's its monsoon and temps have dropped substantially, and I have reduced their feeding frequency from once in two days to once in three days.

The koi people are truly dedicated, I would like to know about the supplements used to prevent fatty livers.
The aggression is during feeding. They get banged up running into each other going after pellets.

The supplement that I use is Manda. I just got a different one to try out this Summer. It's suppose to be better. I feel fish in small ponds are at a disadvantage and requires supplements. I think it helps.

Reactions: headbanger_jib

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
The aggression is during feeding. They get banged up running into each other going after pellets.

The supplement that I use is Manda. I just got a different one to try out this Summer. It's suppose to be better. I feel fish in small ponds are at a disadvantage and requires supplements. I think it helps.
True, especially fish such as mahseer, who swim in such big and fast rivers and migrate long distances

I understand the logic in your care

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

addisonlee25

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2008
california
addisonlee25 addisonlee25 , what do you think? Summer colors
Water temp is very warm. They are eating like crazy. Got to order another 22lbs of food.

Thanks for the update bro! I’m digging the yellows/gold on the putitoras. I can imagine they’d look waaay better in person!

But damn 22lbs a month! Lol
Keep em coming, I’d love to see how they continue to change, makes me want to have a pond full of my own now.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Thanks for the update bro! I’m digging the yellows/gold on the putitoras. I can imagine they’d look waaay better in person!

But damn 22lbs a month! Lol
Keep em coming, I’d love to see how they continue to change, makes me want to have a pond full of my own now.
Just in time.....another bag of food.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com