My Mahseers outside

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Just have watched your video series on mahseer pond for the first time.

Tremendous!! Where can I read more about the pond? How is it you are able to keep them in Ohio?

I only saw one spinibarbus dendiculatus at the end of this vid

What are the rest? The yellow tail and dark stripe are tor putittora, I assume. Is the rest the same mahseer? Blue?

Can see the mahseer and the spinibarbus that Wes transferred to me in the signature links.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Thanks for looking guys.
All my fishes are from Wes (Fugupuff). Raised them from 1". Most are putitora. Big fugly ones are Neo Hex (copper mahseer). And yes I have Spinibarbus too.
Pond is 1600g one piece molded pond. Colors of mahseer changes with season. Tank raised are more silver. Pond raise appear darker but brighter colors.

Reactions: ad88

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Can see the mahseer and the spinibarbus that Wes transferred to me in the signature links.[/QUOTE said:
I personally saw your collection at Wes's. Looks like it went to a great home. It was those mahseers that got me hooked.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
@ viktor, I think Ken missed that question, but as far as I know he is in San Diego, not Ohio.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Incredible! Thanks for sharing Ken. Have you observed any breeding activity? I just lost a 19" last night. She had eggs in her. She probably came from the same batch with yours
image.jpeg

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Matter of fact, I have. Sorry to see the lost. *****es get stitches.
They get banged up good. Pond was covered with foam and scales everywhere. They are the right age for spawning. I try to keep the water condition so they don't get the urge. No room for more.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store