My natural style tanks and biotopes thread

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
I like using birch leaves, don't give out much tannings and last ages before they start breaking up.

Reactions: Bertie07

johnmoore55

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
Nor Cal
Thanks man. Kinda took a shot in the dark with the plant placement but I’m pretty happy with it. No fish until it cycles and plants get rooted. I want to try Red Head Tapajos as they’re a smaller geo, but I’m afraid they'll re arrange my plants for me.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Little update.
I removed all the vallis from my tank. I liked it but felt it made the scape look a little contrived and not as natural as I had planned.
I have also added 9 peruvian angelfish.
Here is a short video.

Looking really good, I think it looks better with out the vallis. I like the addition of the angels. The festivus look to be putting on some size.

Kingster

Piranha
MFK Member
May 21, 2018
Little update.
I removed all the vallis from my tank. I liked it but felt it made the scape look a little contrived and not as natural as I had planned.
Here is a short video.

can i get soem lower layer tips?
What do you have on the bottom, rocks, alge, leaves, twigs, and coconuts?

also what a cheap, no plant, way to connect the top and bottom of my aquarium

Kingster

Piranha
MFK Member
May 21, 2018
Little update.
Here is a short video.

also do you have any apistos?

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Looking really good, I think it looks better with out the vallis. I like the addition of the angels. The festivus look to be putting on some size.
Cheers Dan.
Yes I'm glad I took the vallis out. It was growng really well but it just didn't fit right to my liking.
I do like the lily, it's growing so fast. It's also sending out runners and new plants are appearing. It's a shame the South american lotus lily are not available in the hobby. I feel the red lotus lily is a very good substitute and looks very similar to the red amazon species.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store