My new baby electric eel

Cowturtle

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2016
Cincinnati
I just got this electric eel a few days ago. He's already eating out of my hand it's by far the most interactive knifefish I've ever had. I'll use this thread to keep track of his growth and post updates I can't seem to find any good information on young electric eels besides people saying they're more sensitive when young. It's only 4in right now in a 75 gallon to itself.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I just got this electric eel a few days ago. He's already eating out of my hand it's by far the most interactive knifefish I've ever had. I'll use this thread to keep track of his growth and post updates I can't seem to find any good information on young electric eels besides people saying they're more sensitive when young. It's only 4in right now in a 75 gallon to itself.

Nice pickup. Are you wearing rubber sole shoes during hand feeding?

Reactions: Cowturtle

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Do we have a "most crazy" award? If so I nominate this guy. Hand feeding an electric eel is by far one of the craziest things I've ever heard of :screwy:. Haha, but seriously this should be very interesting to see how he grows.

Cowturtle

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2016
Cincinnati
Nice pickup. Are you wearing rubber sole shoes during hand feeding?
Nope haha at this size the shock is more suprising then it is painful I'll update how bad it is the bigger it gets. Right now the shock just traveled to my wrist. Ive been hit by electric catfish and rays at work before too.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Nice electric eel. Don’t see it that size often. Must be electrifying to keep lol!

beau1990

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2018
Stanford Kentucky
It's an awesome little fish got any more pics of the little guy? I kinda want one but every place I check (online of course there's no way my local lfs would ever get one in) says that they won't sell them to people with kids which makes sense I suppose

Reactions: Cowturtle

Cowturtle

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2016
Cincinnati
It's an awesome little fish got any more pics of the little guy? I kinda want one but every place I check (online of course there's no way my local lfs would ever get one in) says that they won't sell them to people with kids which makes sense I suppose
Huh I think the risk is blown way out of proportion. Hopefully in the next week I'll get another video of it. So far growth is awesome its probably doubled in size in less than a month.

beau1990

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2018
Stanford Kentucky
Huh I think the risk is blown way out of proportion. Hopefully in the next week I'll get another video of it. So far growth is awesome its probably doubled in size in less than a month.
Ooooo I'm excited for you lol I don't have a set up to house one for life anyway and I would hate to grow something get attached then have to give it away/sell it. Speaking of how much did that cost if you don't mind me asking

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store