My new baby!

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
They all spend most of the day out. I can see poor Phoenix wants to fly around with Frick and Frack soo bad. Soon enough he will be as he has started the winter molt already. I used to have to catch them to put them away for the night. Now they just put themselves away when done flying about.

I don't think I mentioned that the DNA blood test came back and for sure we know Phoenix is a male.
20190905_144212.jpg20190905_144155.jpg

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Bro you are making having a parrot the coolest thing ever? Phoenix is obviously trained? Are all parrots that chill and not try to fly away?
Hes not really trained just very young. I started bonding with him when he was still being weaned at the store so that helps a lot. Also his wings are still clipped. In the picture above of him stretching you can see the clipped flight feathers.
If you are interested in a bird yourself find a bird store or bird rescue near you and go spend some time with what they have available. Not just one trip but a couple. Its was my third trip to the store before I decided on getting Phoenix. Much like cichlids, each one has it's own distinct personality. Some get along better with men, some with women. It's all in finding that bird that digs you.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Totally slipped my mind. I have caught Frick and Frack breeding four to five times now. Time to buy a nest I think.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store