My new big Oscar

WickedJester

Gambusia
MFK Member
Ok this guy is huge.

A friend brought him to me. He was growing in his 300 gallon tank and he just wanted to change some things up.

He was going to give him to another member of our local fish forum but the guy only had a 55 gallon tank and there was no way I was letting this guy get put in there. I honestly dont think he could turn around in a 55.

I wont be keeping him long as I am about to empty my 180 and redo the substrate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmkI7RP3Fm4

Bazinga

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2010
toronto
im all for the new substrate.

tuffy_rana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2010
brisbane australia
wow.....that substrate is really something........why you getting rid of it?

going for something that gives you less of a headache when you look at it?

:WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA::WHOA:

WickedJester

Gambusia
MFK Member
My wife bought this stuff about 8-10 years ago. She had this tank when I met her. She had community fish in it and wanted something bright and flashy.

Im taking it out and putting either pool filter sand or crushed coral. Going to build a nice rock center piece and fill this thing full of small bright colored cichlids.

Bazinga

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2010
toronto
i think crushed coral will be best for you, pool filter will be all over your tank from your big oscar.

JTRG05

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2009
Northwest Ohio
Funfetti substrate makes me laugh everytime, but yours really isn't that bad.

The oscar looks very nice, and I do like your idea of Coral/Sand with bright cichlids, what are you planning on? Africans?

WickedJester

Gambusia
MFK Member
JTRG05;4007532; said:
Funfetti substrate makes me laugh everytime, but yours really isn't that bad.

The oscar looks very nice, and I do like your idea of Coral/Sand with bright cichlids, what are you planning on? Africans?

Yeah it will be a bunch of Africans. My wife wants to get some more brightly colored Cichlids for my little girl to enjoy. Most of my big cichlids are gone after this past weekend and I want to make the wife and my little girl happy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store