My new big Oscar

duke33

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 18, 2007
WV
He's looking good bro. I'd go with a black small gravel substate and black background. Those africans would stand out then. I still can't believe that dude was gonna put him and the pirhana in a 55.

BODYDUB

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2009
Killeen
Agreed with the black background because I think it makes my O's stick out more. Here's a pic............

CODzilla

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2009
UK
You should keep that beast and stock the tank around him! Maybe a Fire Eel? My two year old gets really excited when the "snake" is out of his box. :D

WickedJester

Gambusia
MFK Member
duke33;4009108; said:
He's looking good bro. I'd go with a black small gravel substate and black background. Those africans would stand out then. I still can't believe that dude was gonna put him and the pirhana in a 55.
The back of the tank will be painted black. Im building a new stand and a canopy. I think im going with either crushed coral or bare bottom. Im really thinking about discus instead of Africans... Just not sure yet.

Yeah I cant believe it either. When he told me he was going in a 55 I told him he couldnt take him.

How old is this fish? I had someone asking me.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
A 55 is a good size for a planted Discus tank, IMO one of the nicest looking tanks around. I'm not a fan of bare bottom tanks. I might be stating the obvious but you shouldn't even consider crushed coral in a discus tank.

WickedJester

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aquanero;4011940; said:
A 55 is a good size for a planted Discus tank, IMO one of the nicest looking tanks around. I'm not a fan of bare bottom tanks. I might be stating the obvious but you shouldn't even consider crushed coral in a discus tank.
My tank is a 180 not a 55. And yes I know if I decide on discus it will not be crushed coral.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Sorry, I confused threads with regards to tanks size.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store