my new shark pool

turbo253

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
new york
Pazzoman;4760260; said:
......i really want a shark ow after those pics lol.... if you have the space www.aquaticeco.com sells above ground pools for decent prices...maybe you can use one for the smooth hound...

13,000 gallon pool for like $2,800...then again another $20,000 for other supplies
Thats way too much. you can get a pool form a place like namco pools for much less. mine was $599

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
really? I thought that was cheap...then again I'm currently not a monster fish keeper.....proud of my 6 inch lionfish lol

I'm checking out their site now..if they have one.

turbo253

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
new york
Nah the problem is your from NYC. you poor guys pay through the nose for everything.lol

Things are much cheaper 1 hour north of the city

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
really?....nice lol I'll just pay you for shipping if need be :naughty:

Lol then again...I'm 15 living at home....so probably at 25-30 will be planning on a larger tank 300+ hopefully...no where near the "monster tanks" you, jabba and other people have.

Subrwho2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
colorado!
im curious what made you go salt?

i know salt is the way to go if you can, but ive been talking it over with my dad about a indoor pond/pool in the basement, and at first i was all for salt and banded cat sharks etc etc

but ive been thinking with the amount of live rock needed, salt, the custom skimmer etc i was thinking freshwater pond/pool could be had for much much less (granted the inhabitants are much much different) and the up keep on the freshy i thought would be much much less and easier

with that being said would you recomend salt or fresh for a first time indoor over 500gallons...

im feeling fresh, as much as i love love love salt i think fresh would be a much easier walk through the park. but thats why i asked...

p.s

beautiful sharks and tank! lovin it!

turbo253

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
new york
go with salt. Its not too hard and don't worry about having tons of rock. you don't need a lot of it for sharks.

blackghostknife

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
Hammond, Louisiana
awsome smooth hound

Subrwho2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
colorado!
Salt it is! not to bash this thread but i will be starting soon, gotta figure out final layout, so far about 700gallon room.....

anyhow

i have a lot of credit as far as thanks go to this thread! and the wonderful info and pics as well as "deepbluesea" you guys are awesome!

P.s

UPDATE WITH PICS!!!! im getting antsy over here

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store