My NEW "Super-Duper Red" EMPEROR STRAIN Firemouths

oriqua

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2010
Firey PHOENIX
Nope - no documention, no catchment area, no DNA cross referencing... They're just Firemouths that I'm gonna make redder than normal by line breeding... I had some success with that a few years ago but I lost interest because I was getting bullied by the purists on here saying only Firemouths from wild are worth having which in itself is cruel... taking species from the wild, when there's established lines within the hobby from captive bred fish could be argued as being un-necessary
Hey I think that's pretty trashy to go on ranting and babbling and talking non sense.
I like Skip and don't see anything wrong with PYRO Trimacs! Yeah the Emperor Strain seems to be sticking with people these days I recall that being a while ago. I guess you could call it the darth maul red big female super red baddest festae in England.

oriqua

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2010
Firey PHOENIX
Nope - no documention, no catchment area, no DNA cross referencing... They're just Firemouths that I'm gonna make redder than normal by line breeding... I had some success with that a few years ago but I lost interest because I was getting bullied by the purists on here saying only Firemouths from wild are worth having which in itself is cruel... taking species from the wild, when there's established lines within the hobby from captive bred fish could be argued as being un-necessary
Hey I think that's pretty trashy to go on ranting and babbling and talking non sense.
I like Skip and don't see anything wrong with PYRO Trimacs! Yeah the Emperor Strain seems to be sticking with people these days I recall that being a while ago. I guess you could call it the darth maul red big female super red baddest festae in England.

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
I like Skip and his Pyro trimacs and if you read closely what I've been saying I'd actually love to follow a similiar project to Skip with Firemouths... Making them redder and bigger and tougher... That wasn't taking the P.... I was being deadly serious - using his Pyros as an example.

Now where's ur sense of humour? I'm sure Skip has one. And why are you directly targeting me for your woes?

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
By the way... trying to poke fun at some pics I posted on my FaceBook - yes I am a fan of Star Wars and Dr Who and I am sculptor who makes Lifesized statues of Sci Fi Fantasy based characters... so I'm not a nerd as this is actually my profession ;)

DSC_0046.JPG

18921876_10213212354328987_1438101525492168365_n.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

429742_10200808762726949_838347595_n copy.jpg

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
If someone, anyone can line breed a fish for any specific traits and make up a name for it as marketing then call your firemouths whatever you wish.
It's still a firemouth it's still a trimac.
It's a marketing gimmick.

oriqua

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2010
Firey PHOENIX
By the way... trying to poke fun at some pics I posted on my FaceBook - yes I am a fan of Star Wars and Dr Who and I am sculptor who makes Lifesized statues of Sci Fi Fantasy based characters... so I'm not a nerd as this is actually my profession ;)

View attachment 1269361

View attachment 1269362

View attachment 1269363

View attachment 1269364

View attachment 1269366

Well again I find ironic, that the comments where crafted in such a way when you could have used panama green, or electric blue it happened to be Imperial red? Well great you sculp good for you happy for you, you seemed to be fascinated with the name? Maybe you dream about it. Anyhow may the cyberforce Red Festae be with you!

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
If someone, anyone can line breed a fish for any specific traits and make up a name for it as marketing then call your firemouths whatever you wish.
It's still a firemouth it's still a trimac.
It's a marketing gimmick.
Back to this argument again, what fun, agree with Big G,
I will also add that some of these people claiming new "strains" need to go on some of the guppy, betta, goldfish, forums where they all tell you what constitutes a new strain. It has to be notably different to any other type of that species, when bred the majority of the fry have to have the same traits.
I will also add where are the pyro Trimacs now, a few years ago lots were being shown, now people have gone back to wanting wc or f1 again. For a guess some people are labeling there "pyro" with a catch location, something easy to do as there wasn't any real difference between them and some of the wc location types.

Reactions: J. H. and Stanzzzz7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store