My newest wet pet....

Redtail Monster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2012
Manchester, MI
I thought I just posted growth rate of the rtc and the need to seperate the cichlid...I don't think I said or implied not believing you?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Your right.. I should have seperated my posts. I wasnt implying all of that towards you, not at all! I completely agree with you! That was my bad...

Redtail Monster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2012
Manchester, MI
RTC, arapaima and the alligator gar are the cursed fish on MFK. Once shown, be prepared that it will rain questions regarding tank size, pond and all your future plans on rehoming these fish. Do not be offended. Spend some more time here on MFK and you'll be sure to take constructive criticism from some of the members. Be prepared that there really are a few not-so-nice people here. ecoli up there is one of the nice guys, though. Most of the people here will be more helpful than just being fish nazis.

Back to the fish, it's more than likely that some people are really not prepared for taking care of such fish. Tank alone is just one of the issues. Filtration and food are next. How do you filter a multi-thousand gallon pond? I'm pretty sure that the bare minimum for an adult RTC is 4,000 gallons for life. How do you heat it up? Also, when in a pond, the RTC and all the other LARGE fish does not look as wonderful looking anymore. You'll be staring at their backs. The food will be very expensive for such a fish. Given all these scenarios that WILL happen, most RTC die of either abuse or neglect. I haven't even discuss their initial living conditions cramped in very small tanks. That's what most MFK members here are trying to prevent in the first place. We really don't know what can happen in the future. And oh, an RTC grows an inch per week on a very very good environment.

Thank you! I stuck my foot in my mouth on this one! lol. I do understand where you all are coming from... I do! And I also understand that being as new as I am to the site, my word doesnt have much strength behind it... But I WILL show that my words have meaning.

I do apologize for my snappy comeback. I have been on a handful of forums in the past few months, trying to find one not filled with a bunch of .... jerks. And this one is by far the best. It just gets old having to justify yourself in every post (again, I understand where everybody is coming from on this topic).

Again... Thank you all for your concern and advice! And my apologies for my outburst.

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
Look forward to updates. There are a lot of very informed people on here who can help you, some with great social skills, some not. Necrocanis springs to mind as an expert but there are many. You are correct on that this is the best site but you will find people and rules you disagree with. Just figure out where those lines are and a belated welcome.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Redtail Monster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2012
Manchester, MI
Look forward to updates. There are a lot of very informed people on here who can help you, some with great social skills, some not. Necrocanis springs to mind as an expert but there are many. You are correct on that this is the best site but you will find people and rules you disagree with. Just figure out where those lines are and a belated welcome.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thanks... I remember from when I was younger, and had R/C trucks, I spent alot of time on forums, and was able to gain alot of knowledge. Looking forward to doing the same here!

Redtail Monster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2012
Manchester, MI
Heres a great close up of the JD. Love the coloring in his eye... and I never noticed his bright red teeth!!!

DSCN4711.JPG

Redtail Monster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2012
Manchester, MI
One more...

DSCN4728.JPG

Redtail Monster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2012
Manchester, MI
Very nice shots! You either have a very beautiful fish or great camera skills. Both?
Im hoping both! :) I would like to call myself an amateur photographer... but my qualifications are no more than me liking to take ALOT of pictures! lol I have a Nikon L120 P&S, great camera!

If there is one thing my fish are teaching me, its patience! Alot of sitting and waiting for the right shot, and alot of deleting of blurry shots!

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
lots of hard and fast "RULES" really arent....this guy seems to know "enough"....so that he shouldn't be second guessed....:):popcorn:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store