My other addiction

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Forgive me if it was already mentioned but how long do these frogs typically live?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Great.I wouldn't have guessed that they live that long.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
Vittatus are very underrated.

Is that a green & bronze auratus? How bold are they? I've only had el cope (very bold) & highland bronze ( very shy)
Yeah, I really like vittatus. They have a great call. The auratus are true costa rican. I'll let you know when I have some vittatus to rehome. They lay huge clutches of eggs. Not big climbers though. My leucs are all over, they use the whole viv.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Yeah, I really like vittatus. They have a great call. The auratus are true costa rican. I'll let you know when I have some vittatus to rehome. They lay huge clutches of eggs. Not big climbers though. My leucs are all over, they use the whole viv.
True costa Ricans are getting harder to come by that's another one I'm looking at.

I have a temp tub for just such an occasion. If I'm not up to my ears in azureus by then. I caught this last night...the camera couldn't focus due to the fan running and leds

0710181944.jpg

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
True costa Ricans are getting harder to come by that's another one I'm looking at.

I have a temp tub for just such an occasion. If I'm not up to my ears in azureus by then. I caught this last night...the camera couldn't focus due to the fan running and leds

View attachment 1324132
Nice. You're right, true costa ricans are tough to find. I'll have a few to rehome sometime for sure. Anymore most sold as costa rican are actually Hawaiian or Panama....or some random hybrid. The true costa ricans have a certain clean look that the others don't quite have.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Nice. You're right, true costa ricans are tough to find. I'll have a few to rehome sometime for sure. Anymore most sold as costa rican are actually Hawaiian or Panama....or some random hybrid. The true costa ricans have a certain clean look that the others don't quite have.
That's what I've noticed as well. I really don't like the (insert color) & bronze deal either. Theyre just color variants of the same population. You can actually mix them if they came in the same import date which is just crazy to me.

The only breeders I have currently are the azureus. I took a huge hit this winter. I bumped the power cord to my heater before a left for a business trip. I lost my black foot Terribs, all but 1 orange terrib, suriname cobalts, bicolors, and all the growouts. I was able to bring back my male azureus from the brink of death.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store