My polys

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
You should document it with pics on this thread for those that to go into the filtration section to see. May help them with future set ups.

Did you start rounding up the plumbing supplies ?
I agree. IF I get the 210 I'm working on I'd like to do a sump and when it comes to things like building things on my own like sumps I'm totally brainless. I would need a seriously dumbed down guide to even get close to getting it right. Amazon links and everything.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I agree. IF I get the 210 I'm working on I'd like to do a sump and when it comes to things like building things on my own like sumps I'm totally brainless. I would need a seriously dumbed down guide to even get close to getting it right. Amazon links and everything.
I was clueless too until i started paying more attention to sump related threads in the filteation section.

I was soo lost i started planning the sump almost 1 year before buying the tank. I started threads asking tons of questions and googling like mad before i even knew what fish i was going to keep. Even after all the threads i was still unsure so i built a "practice " sump for a 75 gal and then likes it soo much i put one on the 150.

I would start a thread over there asking for an explanation on sumps and plumbing/drain methods

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
I was clueless too until i started paying more attention to sump related threads in the filteation section.

I was soo lost i started planning the sump almost 1 year before buying the tank. I started threads asking tons of questions and googling like mad before i even knew what fish i was going to keep. Even after all the threads i was still unsure so i built a "practice " sump for a 75 gal and then likes it soo much i put one on the 150.

I would start a thread over there asking for an explanation on sumps and plumbing/drain methods

Great info. I like that you made a practice one. I should do that on my 75 gallon.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I have a 1.5" unions too, what is the primer is it like glue?
It says primer or somethinf on it sorry dude havent slept in like 4 days. Ask one of the workers but it set up the pipe for the cement. The cement isnt really a glue. It melts the pvc together. The primer cleans the area your cementing and softens up the pvc a bit

Great info. I like that you made a practice one. I should do that on my 75 gallon.
You definitly should. I leanred so mucb more from actually doing it vs readi g about it.

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Lol, garage is always open, and you dont need to steal it, just come by and ill give it to you:D
Your polys and tank look great in the pics and video. Water is crystal clear and everybody has great patterns. The lighter brown ansorgii, who I have been affectionately calling "Maple." Looks like it has pockets of maple syrup on it. Tehe.

Please keep us updated with the water lettuce and buid.
I'm brainless when it comes to sumps too. 10/10 would follow. Like Jaw's and polyaddict's idea of building a practice one on a smaller tank.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Your polys and tank look great in the pics and video. Water is crystal clear and everybody has great patterns. The lighter brown ansorgii, who I have been affectionately calling "Maple." Looks like it has pockets of maple syrup on it. Tehe.

Please keep us updated with the water lettuce and buid.
Thank you i think i should name that ansorgii maple hehe.

Ill keep putting pictures here step by step so it can help others and see how i do it, off course J jaws7777 will be guiding me, lol

Reactions: jwd and clm08k
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store