My polys

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Thank you i think i should name that ansorgii maple hehe.

Ill keep putting pictures here step by step so it can help others and see how i do it, off course J jaws7777 will be guiding me, lol
Your gonna be a sump OG

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Lol, i might end up having a 300g if i get into sump:D
Lol no other way to go bro. May sound nuts but i find myself looking ar and tinkering with the sump just as much as the fish. Plus if feels cool when you look at it and think " huh i built that, it actually works" lol

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
Lol no other way to go bro. May sound nuts but i find myself looking ar and tinkering with the sump just as much as the fish. Plus if feels cool when you look at it and think " huh i built that, it actually works" lol
I'd be thinking "damn, it doesn't work" lol If I get the 210 I could be lazy and just put 3 550gph canisters on it and call it a day :D

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
I'd be thinking "damn, it doesn't work" lol If I get the 210 I could be lazy and just put 3 550gph canisters on it and call it a day :D
That'll work too

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
It will work, just test everything in the tub first for any leak, its pretty simple, a drain and a return, just need to do measuring, and dont worry if you have any question J Jaws is here, and i might able to help since im getting to understand most of it, jaws is a good teacher. Plus you will spend less money doing and making sump that buying 3 canister, and less maintenance too.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
It will work, just test everything in the tub first for any leak, its pretty simple, a drain and a return, just need to do measuring, and dont worry if you have any question J Jaws is here, and i might able to help since im getting to understand most of it, jaws is a good teacher. Plus you will spend less money doing and making sump that buying 3 canister, and less maintenance too.
Thx for the compliment but im only passing on info i learned from other members. For me ease of maintenance wins out. Changing socks is waaaaaay easier than cleaning a can. I woukdnt run anything more than a 75 gal long term without a sump

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
I've always wanted to build a sump and probably will if I get this new tank. The appeal to me is being able to house your heater and stuff in it. It's much more natural looking without all of that stuff in there. I love overflow boxes etc. What is really intimidating to me is drilling the tank. THAT is scary. Mess that us and it's game over!

Thx for the compliment but im only passing on info i learned from other members. For me ease of maintenance wins out. Changing socks is waaaaaay easier than cleaning a can. I woukdnt run anything more than a 75 gal long term without a sump
Also this, the maintenance seems so much easier. Also, you can put a growing light above the sump and grow certain moss (forgot which plant to use) so you keep algae out of the display. I've seen a lot of salt guys do that. Not sure if it works in FW.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
I've always wanted to build a sump and probably will if I get this new tank. The appeal to me is being able to house your heater and stuff in it. It's much more natural looking without all of that stuff in there. I love overflow boxes etc. What is really intimidating to me is drilling the tank. THAT is scary. Mess that us and it's game over!

Also this, the maintenance seems so much easier. Also, you can put a growing light above the sump and grow certain moss (forgot which plant to use) so you keep algae out of the display. I've seen a lot of salt guys do that. Not sure if it works in FW.
Im not drilling anything in my tank, im just going to do a hob overflow, the pipe are the important stuff, building it will teach us in the future tank. When i get mine done, my next tank will be another 180g or a 240g but im going to order one with overflow and ill make them drill the hole, plumbing then i can do since im already trying it in my current tank, i might turn my 65g into a sump set up aswell.

Reactions: jwd

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
Im not drilling anything in my tank, im just going to do a hob overflow, the pipe are the important stuff, building it will teach us in the future tank. When i get mine done, my next tank will be another 180g or a 240g but im going to order one with overflow and ill make them drill the hole, plumbing then i can do since im already trying it in my current tank, i might turn my 65g into a sump set up aswell.
I might go that route as well. I'd either use a 55g or a 40b. I'll wait for the $1 per gallon sale.

Reactions: Polyaddict86
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store