My Silver Arowana is scared

Humer

Feeder Fish
Jan 31, 2021
Hey Guys!

My name is Humer and i just want a solution for my silver arowana. He is about 12 inches. The problem is everytime when i go near the tank or go to feed him he becomes scared and go sit at the bottom of the tank and sometimes he try to jump as well. It happens everytime and due to this he stops eating for sometime or even 1 or 2 days and im very worried about it coz i love my arowana. Please help!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hey Guys!

My name is Humer and i just want a solution for my silver arowana. He is about 12 inches. The problem is everytime when i go near the tank or go to feed him he becomes scared and go sit at the bottom of the tank and sometimes he try to jump as well. It happens everytime and due to this he stops eating for sometime or even 1 or 2 days and im very worried about it coz i love my arowana. Please help!
Try approaching aquarium slower and see if that helps. I personally had a Silver Arowana that size but would beg like a Oscar when it saw my shadow. Is the aquarium set in a high traffic area?

Reactions: Tony A.

eon aquatics

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2021
there are several hiding places in my aquarium it helps bring out the activity/behavior of the fish
also you could try dimming the lights/adding more light if needed or try stress coat
try adding some smaller fish
my cichlid is a baby still and hid from me for like a week and wasnt eating much but i added some tetras its size and started to become very active

Reactions: Tony A.

Humer

Feeder Fish
Jan 31, 2021
Just noticed you joined MFK.
Welcome aboard
there are several hiding places in my aquarium it helps bring out the activity/behavior of the fish
also you could try dimming the lights/adding more light if needed or try stress coat
try adding some smaller fish
my cichlid is a baby still and hid from me for like a week and wasnt eating much but i added some tetras its size and started to become very active
I have a red tail catfish in it which is about 9 inches long they live properly in the tank but my arowana is still scared. Also i added a small feeder goldfish to feed my arowana but its been two days now and he didn't ate anything not that goldfish as well.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have a red tail catfish in it which is about 9 inches long they live properly in the tank but my arowana is still scared. Also i added a small feeder goldfish to feed my arowana but its been two days now and he didn't ate anything not that goldfish as well.
Please test your water parameters and list them.

RealCrix220

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
I had a silver that was very scared when I did water changes.
I mean to a point I used to think how many scales will he lose today

it was ok when approaching and feeding but it hated water changes and jumped out on me twice

• Wow
Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store