My Tiger Fish.

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
I'm determined to grow one out to be a monster. But I need to think more about my current setups before I go and get myself another baby ATF. I need to setup a drip system so that the water levels remain constant all the time, this will lead them to be less spooked. I have all the required plumbing for a drip but I haven't turned it on because I feel like it wastes a lot more water than a traditional water change. Maybe I'll setup something that will do a 10% water change everyday.

• Wow
Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Sorry to hear about this ?

good luck with the next one. I feel like watching this thread has opened me up to the atf world. I currently have 2 x 5-6” Gatf growing out currently. Got them both eating pellets. Hopefully able to keep them alive for a while.

Reactions: sunnysjourney

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
Are you sure he banged his head to death? If he banged the wall, he would injured his nose, not his head. I had a skittish pink tail chalceus that has broken nose all the time from banging the wall.

I had sudden death of apparently healthy fish with no prior signs, just jerked a few times and dropped dead. The only explanation I could come up with is heart attack or stroke.

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
Are you sure he banged his head to death? If he banged the wall, he would injured his nose, not his head. I had a skittish pink tail chalceus that has broken nose all the time from banging the wall.

I had sudden death of apparently healthy fish with no prior signs, just jerked a few times and dropped dead. The only explanation I could come up with is heart attack or stroke.
Yeah I’m fairly certain. I heard a loud thud and came to see this guy belly up. And that’s a good point. My guess is that he happened to jump up in an angle and his head hit the tank opening. A freak accident Forsure.

• Sad
Reactions: Matteus

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
Sorry for the loss. I love ATF but their flighty nature always spooks me. I walk on egg shells as I enter my fish room to prevent my guy from smacking the tank. I’ve lost two that way. A few things that seems to help me are painting the back and sides of the tank. I also have an led that slowly comes on.

Fortunately my GATF seems to be less jump than my previous vatf.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store