My tiny 343 Gallon indoor pond

ViolentJ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Cannock, UK
Almost embarrassed to post as it's so tiny in comparison to what other people have but this is my first indoor tropical fish pond. It's an injection moulded free standing Laguna pond holding 1300L / 343 Gallons. It's replaced a 120 Gallon glass tank.

I'm filtering it with a Hozelock Aquaforce 4000 solids pump and a Hozelock Bioforce 5500 pressurised filter with UV clarifier. I'm also currently running my matured FX5 alongside to cycle the Bioforce. The water is heated to 26C with 2x 300w Fluval E's, however these are only just about coping so I have 2x 500w heaters on the way.

Lighting is by the way of 2x 11w 6400K fluorescent lamps, one either end of the pond. It's not super bright but bright enough to see the fish with.

The black strip along the back is acrylic and is to protect the wall from water splashes as when my silver dollars feed they splash water everywhere. it's angled slightly so the water can run back into the pond. The net is to obviously stop fish jumping out and is secured tight all the way around the pond.

Current stocking consist of: Tiger Oscar, 4 Silver Dollars, Ornatipinnis Polypterus, Senegalus Polypterus and 2 Delhezi Polypterus's. I would like to add some more fish but not yet sure on what.

piscavore pisces

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2005
worldwide
looks nice! so it was preformed already? what are the dimensions? also it is always open top? you're not worried about the humidity and possible mold issues

jayclarke

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2005
Liverpool, UK
Ive seen these ponds for sale they are really steardy, love the idea of keeping it indoors. Id get an Arownana they look amazing from above.

Ruii

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Singapore
i want to put an anrowana in it too but i have to know how high is it .. if its too low the aro will jump alot

ViolentJ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Cannock, UK
Hi guys, sorry for the late reply.

It's 6' long x 4' wide x 2' tall and yes it was already preformed. It's a Laguna pond. The top is always open like in the picture but humidity is not an issue as the room is very well ventilated. I have a digital hygrometer to keep track of humidity. It normally sits mid 50's which in the UK at least is normal.

I would like an arowana and am keeping my eye out for a reasonably priced one locally.

fly boy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
robin hood county
love this , does the fx5 work ok ? the reason i ask is because they are gravity fed and it looks almost level with the pond . any chance of some more pics

ViolentJ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Cannock, UK
FX5 is a couple of inches below water level and works fine but it's only there to cycle the new filter then I'll sell it on.

Few more pics as requested.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store