My tiny 343 Gallon indoor pond

JC_P

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2009
T.O
That would make an awesome "Mata Mata" pond! At least that's what I'd do with it, looking good btw.

ViolentJ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Cannock, UK
Realised I haven't updated this thread.

To the person asking about heating, I had 2x 500w heaters. One at either end and also the pond is in my lounge, not a cold basement.

Anyway, the tropicals weren't working out, not a husbandry problem but my choice of fish just weren't suitable for top down viewing or the larger space. They were either too dark, too thin a profile or sat around doing nothing. I couldn't find anything that would suit. Rays seemed the obvious choice but after much research decided I didn't have the space. So I had a good hard think about what I wanted. Something active, something colourful, something of a decent size easy to be seen from above. The result... I have comet goldfish. I've got Yellows, Reds, Sarasa Orange & White and Sarasa Red & White. Had them 2 months now and very happy with them.

oakes

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2009
Lynchburg, VA
Looks great! Can't wait until I get mine up and running. Designing the sump now and will hopefully have that started this weekend.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store