My zoo update

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
It is to open on Nov 17th (Friday). I don't work there anymore. I got sick of pulling my hair out trying to save my animals. The new replacement isn't doing to hot. High mortality rate. The pools are currently empty (dry as a bone). I'm not sure why. Word has it that he felt something was wrong....even thought it was FINALLY fixed when I turned it over. I guess he was looking to point a finger of blame when that zoo lost 90% of it's potamotrygon collection in 25 hours (not while I was working there, by the way).

I'm nervously awaiting the day it opens. So many major facilities screw up a lot of animals by pushing a date when the tanks aren't ready. We all are well aware of what happens when you fill a tank and add a huge bio-load all in the same day. :irked:

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
Zoodiver;563000; said:
It is to open on Nov 17th (Friday). I don't work there anymore. I got sick of pulling my hair out trying to save my animals. The new replacement isn't doing to hot. High mortality rate. The pools are currently empty (dry as a bone). I'm not sure why. Word has it that he felt something was wrong....even thought it was FINALLY fixed when I turned it over. I guess he was looking to point a finger of blame when that zoo lost 90% of it's potamotrygon collection in 25 hours (not while I was working there, by the way).

I'm nervously awaiting the day it opens. So many major facilities screw up a lot of animals by pushing a date when the tanks aren't ready. We all are well aware of what happens when you fill a tank and add a huge bio-load all in the same day. :irked:
buncha dumbasses man :irked:

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
Zoodiver;563000; said:

:( sucks

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
Oh, didn't realize that was the new job. I am totally jealous. If you read on your "don't trust coworkers thread" I also work at a Zoo. It is fairly small, but we are AZA accredited. I really like it but I would like to work at an Aquarium and Zoo so where you work is awesome. I still have 4 more years until I will be looking for a job though, so I still have time. I would love to stay where I am at (saw Master Plan last night) but I also know that isn't possible since we are a small zoo and only have a few full time people. It seems like you love your job, and I don't know the Great Lakes region very well, but one of my friends used to work at the Lake Superior Zoo

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
I do love my job. I am working for a great boss now. Sometimes it's tough finding a place to fit in. So many facilities are run so differently. Just be patient and work your way up.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Well...I'm glad to see that you're doing something else that you enjoy. Not many people can get paid good for something they love doing.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
Zoodiver;563719; said:
I do love my job. I am working for a great boss now. Sometimes it's tough finding a place to fit in. So many facilities are run so differently. Just be patient and work your way up.
That is what I am doing. For years ago, I was a junior camp counselor, now I am training staff and getting paid to do some of this stuff. It's great, I love it!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store