Mystery flowerhorn

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I've been looking for a trimac pair. Kind of miss the days of green flowerhorns.

Almost thought this species wasn't traded in the hobby any longer.
Yeah I don't see too many for sale anymore either. If ya look hard enough ya can still find em but usually only adults tho. Don't think I've seen any juvi's for sale.

Reactions: Fishenvy

Fishenvy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2020
Elmwood, Wi
Yeah I don't see too many for sale anymore either. If ya look hard enough ya can still find em but usually only adults tho. Don't think I've seen any juvi's for sale.
If they are for sale. They are usually listed as FH and get overlooked as low quality.

I've only ever seen trimac pairs. Tbh I haven't seen anyone keep a male alone to groom. I think it would be a fun project

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
If they are for sale. They are usually listed as FH and get overlooked as low quality.

I've only ever seen trimac pairs. Tbh I haven't seen anyone keep a male alone to groom. I think it would be a fun project
O yeah, they are a very neat looking fish honestly. Some end up being real beasts too.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA

I bought one once (10 years ago) thinking it was a female flowerhorn.

Reactions: Legreaper

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Pretty much 2 of the main building blocks of most FH's. It's always kind of neat to see how these hybrids were first created.
Yes, they were selected to pass on desirable traits and I assume there was significant culling to get better of traits. So good quality trimac are full of pearls.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Yes, they were selected to pass on desirable traits and I assume there was significant culling to get better of traits. So good quality trimac are full of pearls.
Some just look gorgeous. If your willing to put in the time and effort for it ya can get really good looking ones. Never see any near me tho sadly.

Reactions: Fishenvy
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store