Mystery "parasites?"

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
The problem is that you have no idea what parasites if any that you have... You can't just does these 1 time and expect to work.

Parasites have lifecycles and not all of them are the same. During certain phases of the lifecycle the parasite may be immune to medication.

Levamisole is supposed to be does for only 24 hours then removed. The does again weeks later for a second round. Sometimes a third round is required

Endlicherilover

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2017
Well as i mentioned i have had issues with water condition even some ammonia... Now everybody eats but they are kinda picky except my Oscar who doesn't eat at all but is kinda swollen.. and that's one of the reasons why i think its parasites.

Endlicherilover

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2017
There is like all the signs of parasites :D but i mean i quessxd. I have had aquariums 15 yrs but i just moved and no longer have my own well and that's why im strugling with water condition.. Oscar is swallen, don't eat and havent eaten for like 2weeks now, has white ****, he is breathing very heavy and is hanging on the surface. I really hope you are right and there is no parasites but i know when there is something els going on... I all ready ordered prazipro and trying to get him eat something.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
water condition is good - based on past experience, this is a red flag

what's your water parameters, liquid or strip

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store