Need help(High school science fair project)

boldtogether

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2008
chino hills, california
If you do this be sure to have masking panels to block the light from all but the top inch of the tank or bottle. Shine a light at the surface, from a side angle, and the newly hatched nauplii will be attracted towards the light and concentrate their numbers in the brightest area of the vessel. This makes them a bit easier to observe.
I have only hatched brine shrimp a couple of times and thought it was fascinating how long the eggs could remain dry and seemingly dead only to be hatched in like 24hr. The one thing I didn't do was grow them out...aparently they grow to a fairly substantial size...big enough to feed larger fish....

kroxabp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2011
Aquarium Desert
Yeah I'll be looking into it.. plus the big boys might get a meal out of it.

Oddball Oddball even easier thanks never heard of them

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Oddball and boldtogether's ideas are great, I was gonna suggest something like breeding guppies; but I think the shrimp idea etc would be far better given the circumstances :)

Reactions: boldtogether

Jamesrazel

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2015
A terrarium would be pretty cool. She could go over the biology of the plants that she would manage to grow herself.

Reactions: kroxabp

kroxabp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2011
Aquarium Desert
hhhhmmm i have done a living vivarium for crested geckos before that was pretty fun. but they are only 10 gallon tanks not a lot of grow room I want to try an avoid buying a whole bunch more. And she wants to keep it water related

Jamesrazel

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2015
hhhhmmm i have done a living vivarium for crested geckos before that was pretty fun. but they are only 10 gallon tanks not a lot of grow room I want to try an avoid buying a whole bunch more. And she wants to keep it water related
Well lets go uncle of the year go get her a 40br ;p

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Not sure how you could display it but maybe you could base your idea on an aquarium cycling process. Nitrates, Nitrites and whatnot. You could use the master test set to show the different chemistry of the water.

Reactions: skjl47
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store