NEED HELP...Sick Rope Fish

Ryanj426

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Yea, I have had this particular peacock eel for 9 years. He has never shown aggression and is actually a little shy. The infection has started a little bit on the other side of his head now even though I'm medicating him correctly. But the dead tissue stuff is gone so he just has open wounds. I couldn't obtain the medications that were suggested to me so I ended up having to treat him with Melafix and Pimafix. I'm pretty sure that the wounds are from bacteria eating away at him. I talked with my friend yesterday and he said everything looked fine when he was feeding. I asked him about the rope fish his reply was, "Which one is that?" I explained to him the situation and he said he only saw him about 3 or 4 times and he seemed ok except for some fuzzy stuff on his fin, but no wounds.

Ryanj426

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
It was supposed to be for aro thread lol

I still think it is either a bite or bad scrape against rock or tank escaping

Crucial to know how long were the fishes not fed too.. since the op was on vacation
I have some pieces in my tanks that he could scrape himself on. Perhaps he scraped himself and since I wasn't there to treat it, it became infected. If this is the case I will have to use different medication I think. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
melafix and clean water should do the trick if it truly is just an injury. however you did say there was some white film that kind of concerns me.

Ryanj426

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
melafix and clean water should do the trick if it truly is just an injury. however you did say there was some white film that kind of concerns me.
Earlier when I said the "Dead tissue stuff" I meant the weird film. I mentioned it had dissipated.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store