Nes999's 1,000 Gallon Plywood Build Mark Two

nes999

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2009
IL
Im back on for he build. the new size is 8,3,5. all the wood cut and pre driled(again). the acrylic is gonna be 6inch off the bottom. how thick does it need to be? filtration is going to be a over head filter fueled by a reeflo hammerhead. im worried that this will not be enough. the filter will be 8ft by 1ft 1ft. will this be enough? how thick of acyrlic will i need for the drip plate if i have braces spaced out every 2 feet? now on to pictures i did paint the wall (looks terrible). more pictures later tonight/tomarrow.

first suggestion was to rip out one of these for the fish tank. i couldnt have said no fast enough.

it going right across from the work benches. so i can work, watch tv, and fish!

Ramesh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Earth
Yes they are filters but no they are not really designed for aquariums as they are pond filters. They will filter large volumes of water but probably not to the same quality as an aquarium canister filter. Often pond filters lack large bio chambers and have more mechanical foam layers. It really depends on the bio load/stocking levels and you budget. For mechanical and UV filtration they would work great.

john73738

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Stick with the OHF. Mine is working great. A little loud but I am working on that.

Yes 8x1x1 will be big enough. that is what I have on mine and it is way overkill.

Good luck on take 2 :)

nes999

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2009
IL
i got ALOT done. heres the pictures.

poor work area, all messy and stuff.

the "crown" is 6in worth of 2 by 4's the bracing being on 12in centers.

still havent used it on this project.

i got her free from a breeder cant beat it.

can yo tell tese pictures were taken on a break?

i used 4-6 tubes. i got it for free so i used i like it was fre.

a old moving blanket used when ever i had to step in the tank.

i just used watever paint i had laying around. you shouldnt see any of it when im done.

thats the bracing at the bottom

tomarrow i hope to begin sanding and bondoing and im going to order my sweet water epoxy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store