Netflix to raise prices soon!

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
last time they raised it for a couple weeks then dropped it because they lost a lot of customers lol

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
10 bucks is nothing. Even if its 20 to include DVDs its still nothing.

U really should compare it to the cost of cable with premium movie channels instead of how cheap netfllix was at the beginning. With Hollywood video AND blockbusters gone, tell me you wouldn't raise your price if you owned the company?

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
10 bucks is nothing. Even if its 20 to include DVDs its still nothing.

U really should compare it to the cost of cable with premium movie channels instead of how cheap netfllix was at the beginning. With Hollywood video AND blockbusters gone, tell me you wouldn't raise your price if you owned the company?
It's not that simple though. There are other choices that they risk losing clientele. A price hike could hurt what marketshare that they have gained since the last fiasco.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
We do not have cable but have netflix and are mostly happy with it. We mostly watch series of shows and they have a lot of those. We also use Vulu for movies. If the price goes up but they start adding more movies/shows I would be happy.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
It's not that simple though. There are other choices that they risk losing clientele. A price hike could hurt what marketshare that they have gained since the last fiasco.

Not that simple? Theyve already gone from 5.99 a month for dvd and streaming to 6.99 a piece. Thats already double the old price. No reason they cant raise the price as their only competitor is redbox and hulu if its for NEW CUSTOMERS. The split and price increase last time was a huge deal because a service that most people werent using was taken away. Thats the dvd in the mail option unless you paid for it separately

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
After reading the link that West posted the whole thing sounds like good old corporate greed and customer gouging to me.

Dark Rose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2013
United States
I'm more or less happy with it. Cancelled my Uverse TV service a while back and still saving $70 a month just using netflix and the free hulu...
Might get hulu plus someday but having a hard enough time trying to watch all my series from the start on netflix, lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store