New 60 gallon peacock tank

Galactik

Piranha
MFK Member
May 30, 2019
I couldn't find any limestone locally but I did switch my substrate to aragonite, Hopefully this should help push my Ph into 8.0+ territory. I really like how it looks and its texture over the pool filter sand I had before.

I also found some cool rocks at the garden place so decided to dona swap.

20190713_213106.jpg

Galactik

Piranha
MFK Member
May 30, 2019
Any updates?
No unfortunately. I have since sold all the Africans in this tank and converted it into an Angelfish tank.

The peacocks were fun for a bit but for some reason I lost interest in them. Went back to my old central/south American cichlids.

20191015_181922.jpg

Reactions: RD.

Zcddrew

Candiru
MFK Member
May 26, 2013
Canada
Quick question. Do you use anything to bring up the ph.

I was thinking about maybe adding something like crushed coral or aragonite.

I've never been one to chase PH parameters but I was wondering if that would be a stable option instead of chemicals. I'm currently sitting at 7.1. Or maybe not bother at all?
the water in my city is very hard and perfect for africans (8.2 out of the tap) so I've never had to tinker much. I've known people to have success with crushed coral or natural rocks with a higher ph. I've heard of some people using chemicals to alter ph but that seems to expensive and time consuming. I've always thought that a stable ph is better than fiddling with it every water change to try and get it as close to their african lakes ph. throw some crushed coral and hard rocks in and just use conditioned tap water I would say.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store