New addition- gt grow out thread.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I am pretty stoked that after months of looking I have found what I believe is a male gt. I'd love others options on gender as well.

It was a 2hr drive home. The shop owner was nice enough to place the bag in this box to retain heat. It worked out wonderfully.
20170317_145152.jpg

Now, it doesn't have the amazing trailers that some have... but, it is the most colorful baby gt I've ever seen in person. At 2" it already has better color then my 5"+ female.
IMG_0212.JPG

Same pic as above of the new guy, bottom is what my female looked like around the same size.
IMG_0213.JPG

I'll use this as a way to chart his progress over time. I'm really excited about this one!

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
Looks very nice
Should be a good mate for your female

Reactions: MrsE88

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Thank you both:)

I hope at some point he will be. He's a long way away from being able to pair with her, lol.
For now I'm just happy to see him settling in.

I was told he is a wild caught. That made me slightly nervous about feeding. But he has already eaten since getting acclimated so I'm feeling better now. He needs fattening up. Lol

aquaticeye

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 16, 2016
Lovely. Thinking about picking one up. Worried about its temperament in a community tank though

DarylMac

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2016
Lovely. Thinking about picking one up. Worried about its temperament in a community tank though
Legitimate concern. I've lost 3 bleeding heart Tetras and 2 Siamese Algae Eaters since introducing 5 GT's to my tank.

Conversely, they ignore my plecos & cories, and I just bought a hoplo cat that I'll put in after quarantine.

So I guess it all depends on what sort of community you have.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I agree with DarylMac DarylMac
Maybe some community situations can work, but my attempt at a small community didn't turn out well. They do get more aggressive as they mature. Or at least that's been my experience.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store