New Bichir tank.

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
The small stones are river sand.
i also see bigger smaller stones. Next to the white stone for example in the picture is a small red stone. Stones like that might end up being swallowed.
maybe he is fine do. But just to be sure

Bara fisk

Exodon
MFK Member
May 3, 2022
:eek: they're literally 9,99 where im from ( sweden ) and im guessing its the only bichir for you guys atm ? between 5 shops i reguraly visit senegals are common , endlicheris semi rare and sometimes if your lucky you can find ornates , with the price being 9,99 for senegals. 25 for endlis and 50 for ornates , my most expansive one was my lapradei for 80 dollars which was shipped from germany. BUT it was 28 cm ( 10-11 inches )

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Dang…a Senegal here is $15 for 2-4” and $25 for 4-6”. Outrageous price! Wonder if it might be cheaper to use international shipping and ship one from the US or Asia.

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
Dang…a Senegal here is $15 for 2-4” and $25 for 4-6”. Outrageous price! Wonder if it might be cheaper to use international shipping and ship one from the US or Asia.
I'm not certain, but I believe that the very reason why bichirs and other fish outside of Australia (that aren't often CB) are so expensive is that Australia has very tight regulations on animal imports/exports, and therefore it's extremely expensive and almost impossible to get fish imports from foreign nations. I also feel that perhaps if importation was easier in Australia, a vendor would mass purchase bichirs from Indonesia or a similar Asian country with large bichir farms, and they'd be more common and cheaper that way. I could be wrong, though.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
Delhezi go for 600 to 1000 depending on size round here, I’ve seen ornates go for 1200. It is illegal to import most fish into Australia. We either have old bloodlines from pre ban or they ‘swim here’.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store