MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
Harwinton CT

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I did not say it was better....I inferred it was similar....a hybid of pardalis probably. Head is nearly the same and pattern very very similar. Obviously related if you look at them side by side. No expertise required. Same fish at a glance.
You could have said it was same or better. We are just exchanging our opinions. I'm not trying to affect yours. Only stating mine. I hope we are both merely stating our thoughts on a public forum, is all.

Expertise is very much required if one aims to ID fish properly.

Pardalis has never been known to be used for hybridization.

Hybrid spot / stripe patterns are not stable and subject to heavy change and evolution over the years. In 5 years this hybrid's spotting will look quite different or may even largely disappear. Base color may shift substantially too.

Genuine species once in an adult form, keep their pattern. The pardalis will remain beautiful.

This is my hybrid of the most common kind #1. The time difference is about 10 years.

10 years ago:

Synadontis Krol 1.JPG Synadontis Krol 5.JPG Synadontis Krol 6.jpg Synadontis Krol 8.JPG Synadontis Krol 9.JPG Synadontis Krol and Bert 4.JPG

Now:

Synodontis hybrid 10 years 1.JPG Synodontis hybrid 10 years 2.JPG Synodontis hybrid 10 years 3.JPG Synodontis hybrid 10 years 4.JPG

Now, with another young hybrid of the same kind:

Synodontis hybrid both 1.JPG Synodontis hybrid both 2.JPG Synodontis hybrid both 3.JPG Synodontis hybrid young 1.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store