New catfish

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Honestly I would be excited. I’m an adrenaline junkie. I love the rush but I’d still go to a hospital but wouldn’t be upset just really excited and think it was awesome
It'd be quite the badge of honor

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
10” in wild, 7-8” in aquarium settings. I think 40g is fine
it’s probably that small in aquarium settings because it didn’t live long enough to reach the standard length (no tail fin measured). So basically it’s a 12” catfish. Also, If you don’t provide it with the right environment, the fish will get stunted, eg. Oxygen levels not at optimal conditions in the aquarium, overfed due to lack if current m, etc

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
it’s probably that small in aquarium settings because it didn’t live long enough to reach the standard length (no tail fin measured). So basically it’s a 12” catfish. Also, If you don’t provide it with the right environment, the fish will get stunted, eg. Oxygen levels not at optimal conditions in the aquarium, overfed due to lack if current m, etc
How do suggest I make a current

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
How do suggest I make a current
powerhead with venturi valve will add current and air bubbles for more oxygen. Both Marineland and Fluval make one. Removing the overhead tank light and canopy, while using natural room light will give you the extra electric socket you need

Reactions: Deadeye

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
powerhead with venturi valve will add current and air bubbles for more oxygen. Both Marineland and Fluval make one. Removing the overhead tank light and canopy, while using natural room light will give you the extra electric socket you need
The catfish won’t jump out? Nvm I feel dumb ? I’ll keep the lid on but just unplugged

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store