New cichild tank

tigerclimber05

Feeder Fish
Nov 17, 2005
Clemson, SC
I am about to move my africans into a larger tank and I want to change the set up and decoration. Any suggestions? I have 4 africans and a pleco, so I know they need hiding spots and such. Thanks!

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Sand Subtrate, Ceramic pots, Some Pebbles, and Rocks

FormulatedFire

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2005
Baltimore, Md
maybe do like a massive pyramid with clay pots

FunkSkunk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2005
Charlotte, NC
something like this looks pretty good --->

this one is pretty cool too, dig the skull and carnage look, just needs some decoration or plants up in the mid/top of the tank looks a little bare.

Scotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2005
George, South Africa
Do you honestly think the lake looks like the bottom shot? :screwy: :cry: :shocked:
Place coral grit then look to putting two lots of rocks together. One on either side of the tank, depending on how big it is. If a really large tank, 1,5 - 2 metres, then you could look at a third clump in the middle. I changed my tanks from a single row across the tank to this arrangement and the fish seem to enjoy it a whole lot more. They will swim from the one lot to the other.
In the spaces between you can then plant some Vallisneria which they will dig up on a regular occassion. I would also look at some coral pieces after haveing placed the rocks.
The top pic looks great and some good looking fish too.
If my digital was working I would post a shot of the way my tanks are right now. Put in a couple of Synodontis multiplunctatus as they are always really busy darting around the tank. Adds something different to a tank. Please post a pic once you have this tank set up.
:naughty: :cheers:

FunkSkunk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Did i say it looked like lake Tang. or Mal.???? :screwy:

Did Tiger ask for a tank looks like the lake???? :grinno:

ok, well then don't be an aquascape nazi :thumbsdow
BTW I'm glad your tanks are such perfect replicas of the lakes, you should get an award for that. :woot: :ROFL:

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
I just did mine in sand alot of rocks for hiding and some plants dont have any pic's though. eventually doing a wet desert theme... sounds cool lol. Also sand or gravel and a bunch of rocks, I was warned by alot of mfkr's that crushed coral is hard to maintain so that one is up to you.

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
yeah, stay away from crushed coral if you can. Gets dirty quicker and doesn't look as nice in my opinion, but it does do a decent job of buffering your ph. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store