New Crested Gecko Tank Build

bangerang103

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2007
Long Island NY
dude... This puts my exo-terra to shame. Just because you built that by yourself, great job hope it inspires more keepers to make there herps a happy home like that...

andyjs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2008
Ohio
Sweet tank!

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
Owesame setup V:headbang2:thumbsup: Just one thing;) that plant you put there the suculent is a Gasteria sp, wont last long in such a moist terrarium. On other hand a Philondedron scadens or a Monstera deliciosa would fit just rigth in there as would a big fern or small Ficus:popcorn:

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
Thanks coura. I'm glad you identified that plant because I had no idea what it was. I got 2 of them off someone calling them snake plants but I didn't think they were that. I've been keeping one in with my Leopard Geckos and one in with the crested since November and both are doing great. But I'll swap the Gasteria in the crested tank with something else this weekend.

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
This are super cool and hardy plants;) They will last a life time if you keep them only sigthly moist and give them lots of indirect sun ligth (they like what is called dry shade) They are also no toxic and very usefull for leos, desert toises,etc tanks. You have however to try Hawortia sp all the hardiness and even prettyer:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store