New Crested Gecko Tank Build

Weylin

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2007
Inside a Bottle
Very Nice.. Good Job...

I would love to do something like that...but what am i going to put in...? House geckos ?? lol

cassharper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
Mansfield, Texas
dude, that's sweet. I was thinking about going and looking at glasscages.com acrylic knockdown aquariums to do something like that.

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
Weylin;2837195; said:
Very Nice.. Good Job...

I would love to do something like that...but what am i going to put in...? House geckos ?? lol
And why not?;)

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
Here's my only issue. Because the tank is in my basement, I'm having trouble keeping it warm enough. I think the screen doors have something to do with that. I'm probably going to place some plexiglass over them. But here's my question: if I buy a medium sized UTH and stick it to the outside wall behind the tank, will it warm it up? The Great Stuff spray foam is an insulator so will it block the heat from getting into the cage?

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
Weylin;2837195; said:
Very Nice.. Good Job...

Thanks!

You could keep pretty much any type of tropical gecko species in a setup like this. House, Tokay, Golden, White-Lined, Crested, Gargoyle and Day geckos are just a few.

cullens089

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2007
Canton,Michigan
tank looks good man im hopin to get somethin like that done to one of my tanks for my geckos

Weylin

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2007
Inside a Bottle
Vicious_Fish;2837290; said:
Thanks!

You could keep pretty much any type of tropical gecko species in a setup like this. House, Tokay, Golden, White-Lined, Crested, Gargoyle and Day geckos are just a few.

Ill try and make something like this next month, ill have to see which species i can catch locally and find a starter culture of meal worms..

The lfs here dont sell anything other than turtles..

logo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2007
Kansas
That looks really nice dude. Now you got my mind thinking on some ideas.

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
Weylin;2837473; said:
Ill try and make something like this next month, ill have to see which species i can catch locally and find a starter culture of meal worms..

The lfs here dont sell anything other than turtles..
Mealworms alone is a poor diet for whatever species your getting;) Use it only as a backup. Raise roaches insted and/or colect wild insects like moths, grasshopers, crickets, flies,spiders,etc. No stinkbugs, beetles,wasps, bees,ants ,hairy caterpilars or anything else you think is dangerous or unpleasant

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store